|Shia Islam portal|
According to Shia sources Al-Jamia (Also called al-Jami’a, al-Jámi'a, al-Jami'ah, al-Jamea, al-Jami‘, al-Jami, or al-Jama) (meaning “the encyclopedia” or “the comprehensive”) is a sacred and secret text. Shi'ites believe that it was dictated by Muhammad to Ali, who then wrote down these words. 
Description of al-Jamia
The Shia believe that Al-Jamia is currently in the possession of the 12th Imam Muhammad al-Mahdi, after he inherited it from his predecessors. But the Imam went into major occultation and will not come in contact with the world until end of times. 
The contents of al-Jamia include:
- Maxims of the Holy Prophet and the Imams (A.S.): Source: Al-Mawaaizh, Shaykh Saduq. imamreza.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- The Origins of the Knowledge of Ahl al-Bayt (A.S.): Al-Jamia: Source: Ahl al-Bayt (A.S.) in the Holy Qur'an and Hadith, by Ayatullah Muhammadi Rayshahri. imamreza.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Ali the magnificent: Ali’s literary achievements[dead link]
- ziyaraat.net: Ali the Magnificent, by Yousuf N. Lalljee, pg.69. (PDF) . Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- The virtues of Imam Ali (a.s.): eloquence and rhetoric: his literary achievements. imamalinet.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Recognition of the Holy Imams (A.S.) in the Light of Traditions: Imam Ali Ibn Musa Al-Riza (a.s), by Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Reza Mudarrisi Yazdi. imamreza.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Definition: al-Jami’a. Babylon.com. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- 'Aalim Network QR: al-Jami'a, al-Jafr, Mushaf of Fatima (A) and Zulfiqar, by Liyakat Takim. al-islam.org (1997-04-06). Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Other Collections, by Dr. Muhsin M R Alidina. al-huda.al-khoei.org. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.