al-Judeira in the front of the picture.
|• Type||Village council|
|Name meaning||The sheep-fold|
In 1863 Guérin described it as a small village, with a mosque consecrated to a Sheikh Yassin. An Ottoman village list from about 1870 found that the village had a population of 40, in a total of 13 houses, though the population count included men, only. It was also noted that it was located east of Al Jib.
British Mandate era
In the 1922 census of Palestine conducted by the British Mandate authorities, Ijdireh had a population of 122, all Muslims, increasing in the 1931 census to 139 Muslim inhabitants, in 31 inhabited houses.
In 1945 Judeira had a population of 190 Muslims, with 2,044 dunams of land, according to an official land and population survey. Of this, 353 dunams were plantations and irrigable land, 1,314 used for cereals, while 7 dunams were built-up land.
- Palmer, 1881, p. 296
- Projected Mid -Year Population for Jerusalem Governorate by Locality 2004- 2006 Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.
- Guérin, 1868, p. 392
- Socin, 1879, p. 153
- Conder and Kitchener, 1883, SWP III, pp. 9 10
- Barron, 1923, Table VII, Sub-district of Jerusalem, p. 15
- Mills, 1932, p. 40
- Department of Statistics, 1945, p. 25
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 57
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 103
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 153
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1883). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 3. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 43)
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Guérin, Victor (1868). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 1: Judee, pt. 1. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Socin, A. (1879). "Alphabetisches Verzeichniss von Ortschaften des Paschalik Jerusalem". Zeitschrift des Deutschen Palästina-Vereins. 2: 135–163.