|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
In June 2016, the village was under control of ISIL. On 8 September 2016, ISIL evacuated its headquarters in al-Bab and moved it to Al Khafsah with dozens of vehicles carrying militants and weapons. This came a day after Turkish-led rebel forces expressed their goal of capturing al-Bab. On the evening of the 7 March 2017, Khafsa has been liberated by the Syrian Arab Army (SAA).
- "2004 Census Data for Nahiya Al-Khafsah" (in Arabic). Syrian Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 15 October 2015. Also available in English: UN OCHA. "2004 Census Data". Humanitarian Data Exchange. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "عشرات القتلى والجرحى بقصف جوي روسي بريف حلب الشرقي". AlAraby. 28 June 2016.
- "Islamic State evacuating headquarters in Syria's al-Bab". ARA News. 8 September 2016.
- "Syrian army captures water station supplying Aleppo from Islamic State". 7 March 2017.
- "ISIS villages surrounded in Aleppo as the Syrian Army captures Al-Khafsah". Al Masdar News. 7 March 2017.
|This Syria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|