This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||A Foundation for Islamic Research and Education|
|Javed Ahmad Ghamidi|
The administration of Al-Mawrid Global is in the hands of its Board of Governors. The administrative system is founded on democratic principles. The President of the institution serves as the academic and intellectual patron, and the Secretary General is entrusted with its administrative affairs.
Al-Mawrid Global is a charity registered in Scotland (no. SC044505), and the institution accepts contributions from all those who agree with its objectives.
The institution has its world-wide presence through its country chapters.
Al-Mawrid is criticized for their controversial stand on various issues. Sometimes they are charged with fueling controversial topics, which do not help in improving Islamic concepts of common people, rather it create differences and gaps in Muslim community (like infamous Hudood Law). Javed Ghamdi is also wrongly referred by some as having involvement in the controversial movie 'Khuda kai liay'. Local and orthodox scholars often reject this school of thought and their ideas and perceive them as creating confusion in the masses about Islam. Some also refer to them as 'clean shave mullas'.
Danish Sara (Pakistan)
The institution publishes two monthly journals. These journals carry advertisements from small merchants, but also from larger businesses.
- Ishraq (Urdu), editor: Javed Ahmed Ghamidi (Fellow Al-Mawrid)
- Renaissance (English), editor: Shehzad Saleem (Fellow Al-Mawrid) - the first Islamic e-periodical
The institution also has the following affiliate websites:
- Javed Ahmad Ghamidi's Profile
- "Al Mawrid Australia - Al-Mawrid Australia". www.al-mawrid.org.au. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Log into Facebook | Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Al-Mawrid UK". Al-Mawrid UK. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Al-Mawrid United States - Home". almawridus.org. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Is Javed Ghamidi a True Scholar?". Hanging Odes.
- Zaman, Muhammad (1998). "Sectarianism in Pakistan: The Radicalization of Shi'i and Sunni Identities". 32 (3): 689–716. JSTOR 313163.
- Ciolek, T. Matthew. The first Islamic e-periodical, Renaissance: A Monthly Islamic Journal, Asian Studies Online - a Timeline of Major Developments, Australian National University