|• Type||Village council|
|Name meaning||The caves|
al-Mughayyir (Arabic: المُغير) is a Palestinian village in the West Bank, located 12 km Southeast of the city of Jenin in the northern West Bank. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, the village had a population of 2,240 inhabitants in mid-year 2006.
In 1882, the Palestine Exploration Fund's Survey of Western Palestine described the village as "a small place on a rocky hill top. The water supply is by means of rain water cisterns. The houses are of stone and mud."
British Mandate era
In 1945 the population was 220 Muslims, with a total of 18,049 dunams of land, according to an official land and population survey. Of this, 711 dunams were used for plantations and irrigable land, 5,487 dunams were for cereals, while a total of 6 dunams were built-up, urban land.
- Palmer, 1881, p. 165
- Projected Mid -Year Population for Jenin Governorate by Locality 2004- 2006 Archived 2008-09-20 at the Wayback Machine. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
- Conder and Kitchener, 1882, SWP II, p. 82
- Barron, 1923, Table V, Sub-district of Jenin, p. 29
- Mills, 1932, p. 69
- Department of Statistics, 1945, p. 16
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 55
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 99
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 149
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.