|Ahmad ibn Muhammad Al-Qastallani|
|Born||851 AH/ 1448 CE |
|Died||923 AH  8 Muharram  1517 (aged 68–69)|
Shihab al-Din Abu'l-Abbas Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr al-Qastallani al-Qutaybi al-Shafi'i, also known as Al-Qastallani was a Sunni Islamic scholar who specialized in hadith and theology. He owed his literary fame mainly to his exhaustive commentary on the Sahih al-Bukhari entitled Irshad al-Sari fi Sharh al-Bukhari.
He was a contemporary of Suyuti, and between the two there were several scholarly challenges, Arabic: 'Khusumat'. The subject of the arguments were focused on al-Qastallani's Shaykh al-Sakhawi, but eventually al-Qastallani went to Suyuti to apologize.
Qastallani settled on the Shafi'i school later in life, though he was initially a follower of the Maliki school in jurisprudence. In regard to Islamic theology, Qastallani was a proponent of the Ash'ari school for which he is considered one of the main figureheads.
- Al-Muwahib al-Ladunniyyah bi al-Minah al-Muhammadiyya
- Irshad al-Sari, 10 vol, one of the best commentaries on Sahih Bukhari
- Masalik al-Hunafa ila Mashari' al-Salat 'ala al-Nabiy al-Mustafa 
- Minhaj al-Ibtihaj Sharh Muslim b. al-Hajjaj, a commentary on Sahih Muslim 
- al-Jannat al-Dani fi Hall Hirz al-Amani, a commentary on the Shatibiyyah 
- al-Fath al-Mawahibi, a biography of the author of Shatibiyyah 
- A commentary on the Burda
- Makamat al-'Arifin
- Masalik al-Hunafa ila Mashari al-Salat 'ala 'l-Nabi al-mustafa
- Lewis, B.; Menage, V.L.; Pellat, Ch.; Schacht, J. (1997) [1st. pub. 1978]. Encyclopaedia of Islam (New Edition). Volume IV (Iran-Kha). Leiden, Netherlands: Brill. p. 736. ISBN 9004078193.
- Sakeenah: Luminaries
- Kitab al-mawahib al-laduniyya bi-lminah al-muhammadiyya Qastallani, Ahmad b. Muhammad al-,. 1448-1517 Catálogo de la Biblioteca del Instituto Cervantes de TÁNGER
- Abdal-Hakim Murad - Contentions 8
- Ahmad ibn Ali al-Dumyati, Muqaddimah Tahqiq Kitab al-Itqan fi Ulum al-Quran li Suyuti, Dar al-Hadith, 1425H
- Lewis, B.; Menage, V.L.; Pellat, Ch.; Schacht, J. (1997) [1st. pub. 1978]. Encyclopaedia of Islam (New Edition). Volume IV (Iran-Kha). Leiden, Netherlands: Brill. p. 737. ISBN 9004078193.
|Arabic Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
|This article about an Islamic scholar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|