Sidi Abu al-Qasim Abd al-Rahman b. Abd Allah al-Suhayli (1114 – 1185), was born in Al-Andalus, Fuengirola (formerly called Suhayl) and died in Marrakesh. He is one of the seven saints of that city. Al-Suhayli wrote books on grammar and Islamic law. He is especially well known as an Islamic scholar by his commentary on the sira of Ibn Hisham. Al-Suhayli came to Marrakesh around 1182 at the call of the Almohad sultan Abu Yusuf Ya'qub al-Mansur. He died here three years later, and his zaouia, in a cemetery just outside Bab er Robb (with entrance only allowed to Muslims), hides a former gate in the wall called Bab el Charia. His tomb is visited yearly by many pilgrims. The cemetery Bab Ech Charia, walled today, is built at the place where the Almohad troops of Abd El Moumen defeated the Almoravids in 1147.
- al-Rawḍ al-unuf fī šarḥ al-sīra al-Nabawiyya li-Ibn Hišām. wa-maʿahu al-Sīra al-Nabawiyya (7 volumes), 1967
- al-Taʿrīf wa-al-iʿlām li-mā ubhima min al-Qurʾān min al-asmāʾ wa-al-aʿlām, Bayrut, 1987
- Translation in German: Die Kommentare des Suhailī und des Abū Ḍarr zu den Uḥud-Gedichten in der Sīra des Ibn Hišam, Schaade, Arthur 1908
- As-Suhayli, A. (1997). ar-Raud al-Unuf Fi at-Tafsir as-Sirah.
- Arias, J. P. (1996). "De los nombres propios, según al-Suhayli (m. 518/1185-6)" [About proper names, according to al-Suhayli (m. 518/1185-6)]. Miscelánea de estudios árabes y hebraicos (in Spanish). 45: 25–34. ISSN 0544-408X.
- Arias, J. P. (1995). "Ideas sobre la sinonimia en dos sabios andalusies del siglo VI/XII: al-Suhayli y al-Sarisi" [Reflections about synonymy through the work by two Andalusian scholars in 6/12th centuries: al-Suhaylī and al-Šarīšī]. Miscelánea de estudios árabes y hebraicos (in Spanish). 44: 7–24. ISSN 0544-408X.
- Baalbaki, R (1999). Expanding the 'amil ma'nawi: Suhayli's innovative approach to the theory of regimen.
- de Castries, H. (1997). Les sept saints de Marrakech (in French).
- Kılıçlı, Mustafa (1990). Abu’l-Qâsim Abdurrahmân as-Suhayli: His Life & Works. Erzurum.
- Kasher, A. (2016). "Iconicity in Arabic Grammatical Tradition: al-Suhaylī on the Correspondence between Form and Meaning". Romano-Arabica. 16: 201–224.
- Comments from As-Suhayli and An-Nawawi on independent reasoning http://hoodshaykh.blogspot.com/2006/11/comments-from-as-suhayli-and-nawawi.html
- Discussion on how long Islam and the world in general will last http://www.muslimphilosophy.com/ik/Muqaddimah/Chapter3/Ch_3_52.htm