This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||author, business consultant, corporate executive|
|Known for||Assistant U.S. Secretary of Labor|
Albert Angrisani, also known as Al Angrisani is a leading expert on corporate turnarounds and the former Assistant U.S. Secretary of Labor under President Ronald Reagan, as well as an author and business media personality. As a result of his professional background in the public and private sector, he has been a regular commentator on several national news programs including CNBC, Fox Business News, and Bloomberg TV.
- 1 Professional background
- 2 Media appearances
- 3 References
- 4 Further reading
Chase Manhattan Bank
Angrisani served as Vice President of Chase Manhattan Bank in New York from 1972 to 1980. When he left Chase to begin his tenure with the Reagan Administration, he was head of Strategic Planning for the Investment, Trust and Private Banking businesses.
Assistant U.S. Secretary of Labor
Angrisani served as the Assistant U.S. Secretary of Labor under President Ronald Reagan from 1980 to 1984. In this capacity, he served as a senior policy advisor to President Reagan and played a major role in the economic recovery plan that created 16 million new jobs.
Arthur D. Little's Strategy Consulting
Angrisani Turnarounds, LLC
In 1990, Angrisani started Angrisani Partners LLC, based in Princeton, New Jersey, which was an advisory and investment company that assisted troubled small-cap public companies restructure their business operations and balance sheets. After 1999, he expanded the business to include turnarounds of larger troubled public companies. In 2009, Angrisani changed the name of the company to Angrisani Turnarounds, LLC to reflect the company’s focus on creating sustainable turnarounds and shareholder value creation. Major distressed companies in the firm's portfolio include:
- Rosetta Stone, one of the world’s leading language companies. Between 2015- 2017 Angrisani exclusively advised the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer on a turnaround of the business. The turnaround both stabilized the troubled company and created over $100 million of new shareholder equity.
- Harris Interactive, Inc., an Internet marketing research company. In 2014 Angrisani completed, for the second time, an 18-month turnaround of Harris Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: HPOL), with a sale to media giant Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN). Previously, in 2002-2004, Angrisani led a turnaround that increased shareholder value by more than $200 million over the two-year period.
- Greenfield Online/Ciao, the world's largest provider of global consumer attitudes about products and services. Prior to the second Harris deal, Angrisani engineered an enormously successful turnaround at Greenfield Online (formerly NASDAQ: SRVY), leading the sale of the company to the Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) for $497 million on October 13, 2008.
- Total Research, where he served as President and CEO from 1999 to 2002, and executed a turnaround and sale that resulted in a $100 million increase in its shareholder value.
TurnVest Partners, LLC
After 20 years of experience with corporate turnarounds, Angrisani has created and trademarked a proprietary shareholder value creation model, the Angrisani Hierarchy of Value Creation Model. Also, since 2014, Angrisani has expanded his turnaround business model to include an investment affiliate, TurnVest Partners, LLC. TurnVest Partners, is a private investment company focused on investing in public and private distressed companies, many of which are micro cap companies.
Author: From Last to First
In January, 2018, Angrisani's second book, From Last to First: 10 Life-Changing Steps to Wealth and Success, was published by Humanix Books. In this important book, the author passes on secrets for wealth and success gained over his 25 years as a world-leading corporate turnaround expert. The book serves as a roadmap for success to anyone willing to take charge of their own life in pursuit of the American Dream. Angrisani uses vignettes about successful people throughout history to demonstrate how to make life and careers work. Through the course of the book he teaches readers how to:
- Take Charge of Their Lives
- Find Their True Passion and Purpose in Life
- Run to Fire and Embrace Risk
- Play to Win
The book has been featured in a number of media outlets. (See references in Further Reading section below.)
Win One for the $hareholders
In 2009, Angrisani wrote Win One for the $hareholders, presenting his background and professional knowledge as a turnaround executive and shareholder advocate. The book is a description of his model for corporate change and an exploration of current key economic issues.
Angrisani presents his views on why leading corporations in America have failed and how to restore their lost shareholder value. The book dissects some of the major problems in corporate America, likening them to the issues in a failing company.
The foreword of the book was written by John Kasich, Governor of Ohio. His foreword stated the following:
More than ever, America and its corporate sector need answers and someone to help them step back from the cliff—back onto solid ground. Now, more than ever, we need new leadership, a proven business model and a renewed set of values that we can trust and lean on.— John Kasich
In March 2015 The Young Entrepreneur Council named the book one of 16 Entrepreneurial Books CEOs Swear By. (See reference in Further Reading section below.)
Television producers have utilized his background and knowledge of the labor market to put employment figures into perspective for a lay audience of businesspeople and consumers. He has been a regular commentator on CNBC/Fox News, discussing the state of the labor market, breaking down the national unemployment report and offering some ways the government can spur job growth.
- "National Journal Magazine - Repairing The Job Machine". Nationaljournal.com. 2010-05-15. Archived from the original on 14 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- Sawhill, Isabel V. and Stone, Charles F. Economic Policy in the Reagan Years, Washington, D.C.: The Urban Institute, 1984. ISBN 978-0-87766-372-0
- "Al Angrisani". Al Angrisani. 2008-10-13. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- "From Last to First - Books". www.humanixbooks.com. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- Angrisani, Al. Win One for the Shareholders, New York: ELG Consulting, 2009. ISBN 978-0-615-27971-8
- Norman, Joan. "65% Fear Their Businesses Will Fail", Orange County Register, Santa Ana, October 28, 2009.
- Brownstein, Roland. "Repairing the Job Machine" National Journal Magazine, Washington, D.C. May 15, 2010.
- Tarran, Brian. "Ex-Greenfield chief Angrisani backs Opinionaided developer" Research, November 30, 2010.
- Lynley, Matthew. "Kurani Interactive Gets a Shot of Angel Funding to Get the Internet’s Opinion on the Fly" New York Times, New York, November 25, 2010.
- Angrisani, Al. "The Year of Mobile" NASDAQ, March 24, 2011.
- "Nielsen's Acquisition of Harris To Close Today" Daily Research News Online, February 3, 2014.
- "Nielsen Holdings Completes Tender for Harris Interactive" StreetInsider, February 3, 2014.
- "Nielsen Acquires Harris Interactive-Analyst Blog" NASDAQ, November 29, 2013.
- Tarran, Brian. "Nielsen completes $119m purchase of Harris Interactive" Research-live, February 3, 2014.
- Tarran, Brian. "The Fixer" Impact, June 2014.
- The Young Entrepreneur Council. "16 Entrepreneurial Books Successful CEOs Swear By" Small Business Trends, March 8, 2015.
- Dulaney, Chelsey. "Rosetta Stone Chief Executive Stephen Swad Resigns" Wall Street Journal, March 26, 2015. The article notes that Angrisani has been engaged to work with the company leadership team to accelerate growth and intelligently reduce costs.
- Kelly, Keith J. "Jim Cramer's 'The Street' is Struggling Once Again" New York Post, April 6, 2017.
- De Lea, Britanny. "Mr. FixIt? Trump's Unconventional Economic Strategy" Fox Business, December 14, 2016.
- Zoldan, Ari. "Turn Your Failures into Success by Following the Advice of this Former Assistant Secretary of Labor."
- Angrisani, Al. "From Last to First: The Common Man, American Dream and Trump."
- "Five Secrets to Create Your Own Wealth."
- Nasdaq Facebook Live interview.
- "Turn Your Failures Into Success by Following the Advice of This Former Assistant Labor Secretary". Inc.com. 2018-01-30. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "Al Angrisani: From Last to First — The Common Man, American Dream and Trump". Newsmax. Retrieved 2018-04-16.