Al Araba 1
|Designer||Fouzi Ayoub Sabri
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sport Luxury car|
|Body style||2-door Coupé|
|Layout||Front engine, four-wheel drive|
|Related||Mitsubishi Lancer EV08 |
|Engine||1.5 L 1468 cc straight-4 Turbo (based on a Japanese Mitsubishi engine)|
|Length||4,572 mm (180.0 in)|
|Width||2,032 mm (80.0 in)|
|Height||1,270 mm (50.0 in)|
|Curb weight||2,250 kg (4,960.4 lb)|
Al Araba 1 (Arabic: العربة) is a luxury car created by a joint venture between Saudi Arabian automobile maker Al-Araba Company (officially a vehicle armoring company) and Indian vehicle customising and modification company DC Design . This car was the first Saudi Arabian made civilian vehicle, the project was completed in 2003 and was shown in the Geneva Motor Show. It was built by E. Fouzi Ayoub Sabri  and Dilip Chhabria who based their project on the Mitsubishi Lancer. There were only few cars made to keep its rarity, and pricing at US$270,000.
Notes and references
- "Dilip Chhabria's GAIA wows Geneva Motor Show". agencyfaqs.com. Archived from the original on 24 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "Geneve-2003". motor.ru (in Russian). Archived from the original on 9 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-08.
- "Dilip Chhabria Gaia". madle.org. Archived from the original on 29 December 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "D C Design (Dilip Chhabria Design) au Salon de Genève 2003". automag.be (in French). Archived from the original on 24 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Motor Show Joint-Venture partner of Dilip Chhabria is Al-Araba, personalised by Engineer Fouzy Ayoub Sabri
- "Dilip Chhabria". dancewithshadows.com. 2005-07-16. Archived from the original on 27 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Middle East Newspaper - 6/Mar 2003 (ar) (Arabic)
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|