||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genres||Heavy metal, blues rock, hard rock|
|Associated acts||Judas Priest, Stevie Young|
With a wife and young daughter to support and no record deal in sight, Atkins was forced "to get a haircut and a 9-to-5 job" in May 1973.
As of 2012, Atkins fronts the band Atkins/May Project, which also features guitarist Paul May. A press release dated 21 May 2011 stated that Atkins would be contributing session vocals for the heavy metal opera project, Lyraka. In 2013, Atkins recorded a solo album of his favorite songs written between his days in Judas Priest to the Holy Rage days. He also worked with guitarist Stevie Young, nephew of Angus Young from AC/DC who replaced his uncle Malcolm as guitarist in AC/DC in 2014.
- Judgement Day (1990)
- Dreams of Avalon (1992)
- Heavy Thoughts (1994)
- Victim of Changes (1998)
- Demon Deceiver (2007)
- Demon Deceiver... Plus (Re-release with two bonus tracks, 2010)
- Holy Rage (2010)
Atkins / May Project
- Serpents Kiss (2011)
- Valley Of Shadows (2012)
- Empire Of Destruction (2014)
Albums (guest sessions)
- Lyraka Volume 2(not yet released)
- "Ex-Judas Priest Singer Says Band Could've Sounded Like AC/DC If He Stuck Around". Ultimateclassicrock.com. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
-  Archived 25 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Alice Roques (2013-01-17). "January/February 2013 Digital issue: ATKINS MAY PROJECT". RockRevolt Magazine™.