Al Awir (also spelled Al Aweer) is a town in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, located about 35 kilometers from the city center. It has long been a centre of agriculture and camel breeding. Among many other Dubai families who have farms at Al Awir, Dubai's ruling Maktoum family maintains a farm in the area.
In 2018 the immigration centre at Al Awir was the location of a major 'amnesty centre', where people who had overstayed their UAE work visas could apply to leave the country with no fines or penalties.
- Wam (2018-07-08). "RTA to open Improvement of Al Awir Road, Entrances of International City Project on July 14". Emirates24|7. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "Customer Service Centres". UAE Ministry of Climate Change & the Environment.
- 1949-, Āl Maktūm, Muḥammad ibn Rāshid,. My vision : challenges in the race for excellence. Dubai, UAE. p. 65. ISBN 9781860633447. OCLC 889653519.
- "Quick guide to Al Awir Fruit and Vegetable market". Time Out Dubai. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "Behind bars with the women and children of Dubai's central jail". The National. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "More than 10,000 people apply for visa amnesty in Dubai". The National. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
|This United Arab Emirates location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|