|Headquarters||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
Number of locations
|Ihsan AbuGhazalah, Chairman, Rami AbuGhazalah, CEO|
|Products||Quick Service Food, including fried chicken, shrimp, and fish|
ALBAIK (البيك) is a chain of fast food restaurants in Saudi Arabia that primarily sells broasted chicken and shrimp with a variety of sauces. The chain has 41 branches in Jeddah, eight in Mecca, three in Medina, one in Ta’if, one in Yanbu and one in Al Qunfudhah located in Jazan road 340 km away from Jeddah. Al Qaseem's prince signed a contract with ALBAIK's CEO to open two new branches in Buraidah. These two branches are the first in Saudi Arabia to open outside of the Hejaz.
ALBAIK is a major consumer of chicken in Saudi Arabia.
- In September 1974, Shakkour AbuGhazalah renovated an old warehouse he was renting, and opened the first pressure fried chicken restaurant in Saudi Arabia. It was located on Old Airport Road in Jeddah.
- ALBAIK was signed as an American company to protect the business from theft
- In 1984 the 18 secret herbs and spices recipe was developed.
- In 1986 ALBAIK was registered as a trade mark in Saudi Arabia.
- In 1990 the first ALBAIK restaurant opened in Mecca.
- In 1994 Harrag, The ALBAIK spicy chicken was introduced.
- In 1995 Jumbo shrimp was introduced.
- In 1996 Value shrimp was introduced.
- In 1996 the Young Scientist was the first program introduced as part of ALBAIK and Coca-Cola's corporate social responsibility commitment towards society in association with the Jeddah Science and Technology Center.
- In 1998 ALBAIK built three seasonal locations in Mina, and began serving pilgrims during Hajj.
- In 1999 Chicken fillets nuggets were introduced.
- In 2000 a 30,000 m2 (320,000 sq ft) food processing factory was inaugurated for Aquat Food Industries – a sister company of ALBAIK and the main producer and supplier of its menu.
- In 2000 Spicy chicken fillets Nuggets were introduced.
- In 2001 the first ALBAIK restaurant opened in Medina.
- In 2001 the House Hero children education and training program was introduced.
- In 2002 chicken fillets and spicy chicken fillets sandwiches were introduced.
- In 2002 the first ALBAIK Xpress limited menu food court concept was opened in Diyafa Mall in Mecca.
- In 2005, fish became a feature on the ALBAIK menu with the introduction of the fish sandwich.
- In 2005, "Nazeeh & Wartan" - the Clean Up the World program for Saudi Arabia was introduced with Coca-Cola, in association with the United Nations Development Programme and Jeddah Science and Technology Center.
- In 2006 the largest quick service restaurant kitchen in the world was opened in Mina as a seasonal restaurant to serve pilgrims during Hajj.
- In 2006 ALBAIK opened in Yanbu City.
- In 2006 Fish fillets and shrimp sandwich were introduced.
- In 2009, ALBAIK replaced Coca-Cola due to the low demand on it, and started serving Pepsi along with PepsiCo products.
- In 2012 Pineapple chunks were introduced.
- In 2013 ALBAIK opened a xpress restaurant in sasco petrol station in madina to jeddah highway road.
- In 2014 ALBAIK introduced big sandwich.
- In 2015 ALBAIK opened its first restaurant outside of Hejaz in Buraidah, Qaseem.
- List of Al Baik locations
- McNulty, Brian (2004). "The Saudi poultry market". Middle East Grocer. 10 (5). Archived from the original on 14 December 2005. Retrieved 9 July 2006.
- "Al Baik CEO inspires PEG members". Saudi Gazette. 29 November 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- Sean O'Neill (26 September 2011). "8 foreign fast-food chains worth a taste". CNN. Retrieved 7 December 2013.