In 2012, Bernstein released 30 Years, 30 Undeniable Truths About Boxing, Sports and TV.
In 1980, Bernstein joined ESPN as boxing analyst for the Top Rank Boxing series. He stayed at ESPN until 2003, and during that time he also worked as a reporter for SportsCenter, covering major boxing matches, Major League Baseball, the NBA and the NFL Draft. He also wrote and hosted the series Big Fights Boxing Hour for ESPN Classic. In 1988, he won the Sam Taub Award for excellence in boxing broadcasting journalism and in 2012 he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame. It was announced in December 2012 that he would be inducted into the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame as one of their inaugural inductees in 2013 in the Media category.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In 1988, Bernstein recorded his first album My Very Own Songs, with original songs about television and sports. He released Let The Games Begin in 1996. In 1998, he also began a career as a live musical performer. Since then he has performed at major casinos such as Caesars Palace, the Mandalay Bay and The Riviera, as well as many Indian and Riverboat casinos around the United States.
- "Al Bernstein". International Boxing Hall of Fame. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- About Al Bernstein iBN Sports
- BWAA Awards International Boxing Hall of Fame Archived June 17, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Al Bernstein Archived March 8, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. iBN Boxing
- Watch Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton on Al's Boxing TV Doghouse Boxing
- Channel 5 brings legendary Al Bernstein to London Archived August 18, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. BoxRec News, July 14, 2011
- Tyson Fury fight live on Channel 5 Archived September 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. touchline.tv, July 14, 2011
- Al Bernstein back on Channel 5 in England[permanent dead link] Hennessy Sports, May 2, 2012
- "Al Bernstein Interview". Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.