|First appearance||"Fonzie Loves Pinky Parts 1,2 & 3" (1976)|
|Last appearance||"Passagess Part 2"|
|Portrayed by||Al Molinaro|
|Occupation||Owner of Arnold's|
|Family||Father Delvecchio (twin brother)
|Children||Chachi Arcola (step-son)|
Richie Cunningham (stepson-in-law)
Joanie Cunningham Arcola (stepdaughter-in-law)
Chuck Cunningham (stepson-in-law)
Lori Beth Allen Cunningham (stepdaugter-in-law?)
Howard Cunningham (Step-Brother-in-law)
Alfred "Al" Delvecchio is a character on the U.S. sitcom Happy Days. He was played by Al Molinaro. Molinaro joined the cast in Season 4 after Pat Morita, who played Arnold, left after the end of the third season (in the last episode "Arnold Gets Married"). Subsequently Molinaro also played Al's twin brother priest Father Anthony Delvecchio. Al said that he also had a brother who worked at the sanitation department.
He was the drive-in owner and cook of Arnold's Diner from season 4 to season 9. Al eventually married Chachi's mother. He had a sighing catchphrase of "Yep-yep-yep-yep...". he also mentioned in season 6 episode 9 that he knew a man named Sam Zeus.
For much of the series Al would talk about his former love Rosa Coletti and how she left him for a tie salesman. Eventually Al would meet Rosa again in the eighth season episode, "If You Knew Rosa". She was played by Nancy Marvy.
Al Molinaro as Al Delvecchio made a cameo appearance in the 1995 Weezer music video for their single "Buddy Holly", where the band were portrayed as playing at Arnold's. The character also made an appearance on the Robot Chicken episode "Celebutard Mountain", but was voiced by Adam Talbot. He also appeared on Family Guy on a stain glass window in the church of "The Holy Fonz" on the episode "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Fonz".
- Richie's mother Marion calls Al by his full name Alfred while her husband Howard just calls him by his nickname Al.
- Al did not make it back to the opening credits of Season 11 for happy days he only made a few guest appearances in seasons 10-11
- Al married Chachi Arcola's mother Louisa.
- Al Ralph and Potsie hid a goat in the men's bathroom (which is where Fonzie's office is at) after Richie told them that his grandfather Sean "Cap" Cunningham (Danny Thomas) was coming into Arnolds. later when Sean walked into Arnolds Fonzie also walked into the men's bathroom where he discovered the goat. then Sean told Ralph Potsie & Richie that they were under arrest if they did not leave. so they ran and left the goat's rope in Al's hand and he was told he was under arrest although he did not go to jail (season 5 episode 14)
- Al once said to Chachi that he does not want any gangs in Arnold's (season 5 episode 21 Our "Gang")
- Brant, Marley (2006-10-01). Happier Days: Paramount Television's Classic Sitcoms, 1974-1984. Random House Digital, Inc. pp. 43–. ISBN 9780823089338. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
|This article about a television comedy character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|