Al Duncan is a youth advocate, educator and publisher. Recognized as an authority on the millennial generation, Duncan has spoken to more than one million youth around the world. Duncan has received the President's Volunteer Service Award, and the National PTA Lifetime Achievement Award for his outstanding service in the fields of youth development and youth empowerment.
Beginning his adult life as a musician, Duncan left that career in order to become a chef. He began his career as a speaker in his late 20s, and today speaks about earning money, youth empowerment, and more.
Duncan currently serves on the American InterContinental University School of Business Advisory Board, the Fulton County, Georgia Workforce Investment Board of Directors and the Fulton County Youth Council. He is also on the board of directors for the Anti-Prejudice Consortium in Atlanta, Georgia.
Several organizations have honored Duncan with awards and memberships. One is Sigma Alpha Pi, which is also called the National Society of Leadership and Success. Duncan is also an honorary member of Delta Epsilon Iota.
- Duncan, A. (2010) My Success Journal For Young People (2nd edition). Atlanta: Nile Valley Press.
- Duncan, A. (2009) Get All Fired Up! About Living Your Dreams. Atlanta: Nile Valley Press.
- Mitchell, B. (July 18, 2014) "At Risk Youth Rewarded After Six Week Program", WDEF. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "Youth Summit in White Plains Draws Hundreds", White Plains Patch. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- October 10, 2010. "Youth Empowerment Seminar Focuses on Violence and Drug Use Prevention", St. Thomas Source. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- Hoenig, D. January 3, 2009. "Kids encouraged to use knowledge in picking life's path", The (Burlington, Iowa) Hawk Eye. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- Ellis, J. (September 2006) "Speaker motivates and inspires students", The Press Sentinel.
- Battagello, D. (June 29, 2011) "Summer job program boosts teens' wallets, spirits", The Windsor Star. p A5.
- September 30, 2010. "Holy Innocents' Students Find Power Over Prejudice", WXIA.
- Dorsett, K. and White, L. October 8, 2010. "Summit teaches kids anti-prejudice messages", CNN. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "Al Duncan", Great Black Speakers. Retrieved 10/14/2015.
- "Six Ways to Turn Setbacks into Comebacks" Black Collegian. Retrieved 2/3/11.
- DuncanNuggets.com official website