In 1982, Eisenstat was Apple's corporate secretary and vice president of marketing. In 1985 he was vice president of investor relations and also its chief legal officer. During his time with the company, Eisenstat recommended that Apple buy AOL. He also participated in the selection of Michael Spindler as CEO, replacing John Sculley. In 1993 Eisenstat sued Apple for wrongful dismissal.
- Clapes, Anthony Lawrence (November 1989). Software, copyright, and competition: the "look and feel" of the law. Quorum Books. p. 32. ISBN 978-0-89930-507-3.
- Carlton, Jim (1997). Apple: The Inside Story of Intrigue, Egomania, and Business Blunders. Times Business/Random House. p. 216. ISBN 978-0-88730-965-6.
- "The story behind Steve Jobs' 1985 resignation from Apple | Edible Apple".
- Information Access Company. Datamation. Technical Publishing. p. 167.
- Sculley, John; Byrne, John A. (1 January 1989). Odyssey: Pepsi to Apple-- a journey of adventure, ideas and the future. Stoddart Publishing. p. 208. ISBN 978-0-7737-5205-4.
- California Lawyer. State Bar of California. 2004. p. 27.
- Mexico update. American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico. 1982. p. 157.
- InfoWorld Media Group (9 September 1985). InfoWorld. InfoWorld. InfoWorld Media Group. pp. 3–. ISSN 0199-6649.
- Computer Law Reporter. Computer Law Reporter Incorporated. 1994. p. 567.
- Rose, Frank (1990). West of Eden: The End of Innocence at Apple Computer. pp. 300 and various pages. ISBN 978-0-14-009372-8.
- Manes, Stephen; Andrews, Paul (21 January 1994). Gates: How Microsoft's Mogul Reinvented an Industry--and Made Himself the Richest Man in America. Touchstone Books. p. 357. ISBN 978-0-671-88074-3.
- Linzmayer, Owen W. (1 January 2004). Apple Confidential 2.0: The Definitive History of the World's Most Colorful Company. No Starch Press. pp. 149–. ISBN 978-1-59327-010-0.
- "Michael Spindler: The Peter Principle at Apple". Low End Mac. August 18, 2013.
- Markoff, John. "A Search for Direction at Apple". The New York Times, October 1, 1993.
- MacUser. MacUser. Dennis Publishing. January 1994. p. 93.