|Part of a series on|
|Part of a series on|
The main subject of this book is discussing Hadith of the pond of Khumm according to Sunni documents. In order to do so, Amini has gathered the narrations of 110 companions (Sahaba) as well as 40 followers of Muhammad about the event. He then states the related Hadiths narrated by 360 Hadit narrators between 2nd to 14th centuries of Islamic calendar. Since Sunni Muslims - unlike Shia Muslims - do not consider Ali as the immediate legitimate successor of Muhammad, Amini in his book has tried to prove Ali's succession based on Sunni documents. Amini, in writing the book, traveled to different countries in order to take advantage of the libraries there among which were India, Iraq, Pakistan, Morocco, Egypt and some others.
The first print of Al-Ghadir book published in Najaf City and developed by 9 volumes. After publishing of this great book, most of scholars of different Islamic countries wrote an explanation on it.
- Al-Ghadir (vol.1). qom, iran. 2010. ISBN 978-600-6088-08-2.
- Al-Ghadir (vol.2 & 3). qom, iran. 2010. ISBN 978-600-91931-5-8.
- Al-Ghadir (vol.4,5). qom, iran. 2010. ISBN 978-600-6088-08-2.
- Al-Ghadir (vol.6). qom, iran. 2010. ISBN 978-600-91931-6-5.
- Al-Ghadir (vol.7,8 & 9). qom, iran. 2010. ISBN 978-600-91931-9-6.
- Al-Ghadir (vol.10 & 11). qom, iran. 2010.
Comments on al-Ghadir
- I call on the Almighty to make your limpid brook (in Arabic, 'Ghadir' means brook) the cause of peace and cordiality between the Shia and Sunni brothers to cooperate with one another in building the Islamic ummah.
'Adil Ghadban, the managing editor of the Egyptian magazine entitled "al-Kitab", said the following in the preface to volume 3:
- This book clarifies the Shi'ite logic. The Sunnis can correctly learn about the Shi'i through this book. Correct recognition of the Shi'ahs brings the views of the Shi'ahs and the Sunnis closer, and they can make a unified rank.
In his foreword to the "al-Ghadir" which was published in the preface to volume 4, Dr. Muhammad Ghallab (Arabic: محمد غلاب), professor of philosophy at the Faculty of Religious Studies al-Azhar University said:
- I got hold of your book at a very opportune time, because right now I am busy collecting and compiling a book on the lives of the Muslims from various perspectives. Therefore, I am highly avid for obtaining sound information about 'Imamiyah' Shi'ism. Your book will help me. And I will not make mistakes about the Shi'ahs as others have.
In this foreword published in the preface to volume 4 of the "al-Ghadir", Dr. 'Abdul-Rahman Kiali Halabi (Arabic: عبدالرحمان كيالي حلبي) says the following after referring to the decline of the Muslims in the present age and the factors which can lead to the Muslims' salvation, one of which is the sound recognition of the successor of Muhammad:
- The book entitled "al-Ghadir" and its rich content deserves to be known by every Muslim to learn how historians have been negligent and see where the truth lies. Through this means, we should compensate for the past, and by striving to foster the unity of the Muslims, we should try to gain the due rewards.
- [dead link]
- "Taghribnews (TNA) - Urdu version of Al-Ghadir to be unveiled". taghribnews.com.
- [dead link]
- "Urdu translation of "Al-Ghadeer" to be unveiled". abna.ir. 14 November 2011.
- "Ghadeer - Quran, Hadees aur Adab may - 01 of 11". Scribd.
- "Ghadeer-Quran,Hadees,Adab may - 02, 03 of 11". Scribd.
- "Ghadeer - Quran, Hadees aur Adab may - 04, 05 of 11". Scribd.
- "Ghadeer - Quran, Hadees aur Adab may - 07, 08, 09 of 11". Scribd.
- "Ghadeer - Quran, Hadees aur Adab may - 10, 11 of 11". Scribd.
- Speech in Urdu