Map of Qatar with Al Ghuwariyah highlighted
|Coordinates (Al Ghuwairiya): Coordinates:|
|• Total||622 km2 (240 sq mi)|
|• Density||7.8/km2 (20/sq mi)|
|Time zone||East Africa Time (UTC+03)|
|ISO 3166 code||QA-GH|
Al Ghuwariyah (الغويرية) is a city located in Al Khor Municipality in the state Qatar. Al Ghuwariyah was once a municipality of Qatar until it was merged with Al Khor Municipality, which is in the east, in 2004.
It has been mostly populated by the Al-Naimi tribe of Qatar since the early 1920s.
As of the 2010 census, the settlement comprised 315 housing units and 173 establishments. There were 4,834 people living in the settlement, of which 80% were male and 20% were female. Out of the 4,834 inhabitants, 93% were 20 years of age or older and 7% were under the age of 20. The literacy rate stood at 95.1%.
Employed persons made up 91% of the total population. Females accounted for 3% of the working population, while males accounted for 97% of the working population.
Registered live births
|Year||Qatari Male||Qatari Female||Total Qatari||Non Qatari Male||Non Qatari Female||Total Non Qatar||Total Male||Total Female||Grand Total|
The follows school(s) are located in Al Ghuwariyah:
|Name of School||Curriculum||Grade||Genders||Official Website||Ref|
|Al Ghuwairia Girls School||Independent||Kindergarten – Secondary||Female-only||N/A|||
- Municipalities of Qatar
- "2010 population census" (PDF). Qatar Information Exchange. Qatar Statistics Authority. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Housing units, by type of unit and zone (April 2010)" (PDF). Qatar Statistics Authority. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Establishments by status of establishment and zone (April 2010)" (PDF). Qatar Statistics Authority. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Geo Statistics Application". Ministry of Development Planning and Statistics. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Qatari Schools". Supreme Education Council. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
|This Qatari location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|