Al Najaf International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Al Najaf International Airport
|Operator||Najaf Airport Authority|
|Hub for||Iraqi Airways|
|Elevation AMSL||103 ft / 31 m|
Al Najaf International Airport (IATA: NJF; ICAO: ORNI) is the airport serving Najaf, Iraq, and is located on the eastern side of the city. Formerly a military airbase, the facility consists of one asphalt runway 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) long and 45 metres (148 ft) wide. The airport is expanding to provide four departure gates, two arrival gates, immigration and passenger services.
The Najaf Governorate represented by the Deputy Governor Abd al-Husayn Abtan and Najaf Investment Commission signed a Memorandum of Agreement dated 24 June 2008 with Al-Aqeelah Holding authorizing it for one year to finalize the construction of the airport and five years subject to renewal to manage the airport. Currently Aqeeq Aviation Holding a subsidiary of Al-Aqeelah Holding is overseeing this.
The construction phase comprises the construction of the VIP lounge, Arrival and Departure Halls, Taxiway, Air cargo, purchasing all airport equipments including Ground Handling Equipments, technical supplies, Navigation Aids, Dining Facilities and lodging sites for employees.
Airlines and destinations
- آیا پروازهای ایران به نجف متوقف میشود؟, RADIO FREE EUROPE- Persian edition
- Sauret, Michel (22 July 2008). "Najaf Airport provides travel, economic boost to southern provinces". Army News. United States Army. Archived from the original on 22 January 2009. Retrieved 22 January 2009.
- "investnajaf.com". Archived from the original on 1 August 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Al Aqeelah Leasing Financing & Investment Co.". Archived from the original on 2 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "AtlasGlobal Adds Najaf Flight from late-Oct 2015". Routesonline. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "پروازهای ایران به نجف متوقف شد". 1 July 2017.
- Iraqi Airways Adds Najaf – Baku Route from late-Oct 2015. Airline Route. 29 October 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Kuwait Airways resumes Iraq flights". Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Gulf times- Qatar’s top-selling English daily newspaper - Homepage". Gulf-Times. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Royal Jordanian Adds Najaf Service from mid-June 2015". Routesonline. Retrieved 2 June 2017.