|Education||DePauw University (1950)|
Al Ries is an American marketing professional and author. He is the cofounder and chairman of the Atlanta-based consulting firm Ries & Ries with his partner and daughter, Laura Ries. Along with Jack Trout, Ries is credited with resurrecting the idea of "positioning" in the field of marketing.
Ries graduated from DePauw University as a mathematics major in 1950. He accepted a position with the advertising department of General Electric before founding his own advertising agency in New York City, Ries Cappiello Colwell, in 1961. Jack Trout joined the agency in 1967. Ries and Trout wrote a three-part series of articles for Advertising Age in 1972. The themes discussed in that series of articles inspired their later book, Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind published in 1981.
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind. Warner Books. 1981. ISBN 9780446308007. OCLC 881659550.
- Ries, Al; Trout, Jack (1986). Marketing Warfare. McGraw-Hill Book Company. ISBN 9780070527300.
- Ries, Al; Trout, Jack (1990). Bottom-up Marketing. Plume. ISBN 9780452264182.
- Ries, Al; Trout, Jack (1991). Find A Horse to Ride: The Key to Marketing Yourself. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 9780070527355.
- Ries, Al; Trout, Jack (1994). The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing. HarperBusiness. ISBN 9780887306662.
- Ries, Al; Ries, Laura (2000). 11 Immutable Laws of Branding on the Net. HarperCollinsBusiness. ISBN 9780002572224.
- Ries, Al (2005). Focus: The Future of Your Company Depends On It. Collins Business Essentials. ISBN 9780060799908.
- Ries, Al; Ries, Laura (2012). The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding. HarperBusiness. ISBN 9780060007737.
- Ries, Al; Ries, Laura (2012). The Origin of Brands: How Product Evolution Creates Endless Possibilities for New Brands. HarperCollins books. ISBN 9780060570156.
- "Business Week List of 'Books That Matter' Includes Work Co-Authored by Al Ries '50". DePauw University. 7 August 2006.
- Schudel, Matt (June 13, 2017). "Jack Trout, marketing expert who sought an edge through 'positioning,' dies at 82". The Washington Post. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Ries, Al (October 10, 2016). "Polarize, Don't Demonize: Politics and Marketing". AdAge. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- "Indiatimes Seminars: Profile of Al Ries". seminars.indiatimes.com (Press release).
- Sandomir, Richard (June 7, 2017). "Jack Trout, Who Fought for Consumers' Minds and Money, Dies at 82". The New York Times. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Trout, Jack; Ries, Al (1972). "The Position Era Cometh" (PDF). Advertising Age.
- "2016 Marketing Hall of Fame Inductee". New York American Marketing Association. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|