This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
United Arab Emirates
The first Al Tazaj restaurant opened in Mecca in 1989. Founded by Abdul Rahman Fakieh, owner of Fakieh Poultry Farm, it took live poultry from that business. The restaurant uses a traditional Arabian recipe for barbecued fresh chicken.
Al Tazaj currently serves its fresh barbecued chicken in more than 100 locations in Saudi Arabia, making it the first national fast food chain in the Middle East. It is now franchised in other countries.
In addition, TAZA USA launched U.S. Operations as a franchisor in Orlando, FL in 2001 tapping David Estess as Director of Operations.
- "Taza 'Global' Chicken Restaurant Opens in Chicago". Highbeam Business. November 10, 1997. Retrieved June 21, 2015.
- "Bird Brains/Blue Christmas". Chicago Reader. December 25, 1997. Retrieved June 21, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Al Tazaj.|
- Official website
- Interview in Asharq Alawsat about product placement by Al Tazaj
- Article about the opening of the American locations
- Press release reports that Al Tazaj is one of the top 40 Arab brands according to Forbes Arabia