|Born||12 December 1965|
|Education||Al-Azhar University, Cairo|
He graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Political Science at Cairo University in 1992. He received the Diploma of Advanced Studies in the US in 2006 on journalism and editorial administration. And participated in a number of important conferences around the world, including in Canada, Turkey, the US, Japan, the UAE and other countries.
After graduating, he worked as a journalist for Al-Nour newspaper in 1988. He was a journalist for Al-Watan newspaper in Cairo in 1989. He was a journalist for the Cairo bureau in 1990. He was a journalist and education correspondent for the Gulf newspaper of Kuwait and Al-Qabas in 1991. He was a journalist in 1991, and was a participant in the strategic report of Al-Ahram for many years, Al-Ahram strategic booklets, head of the education department and supervisor of readers' mail in Al-Ahram Evening newspaper in 1994, Al-Ahram Evening in 2004, And Assistant Editor-in-Chief of Al-Ahram Evening in 2007. He was the editor-in-chief of Al-Ahram Evening in the period from April 2011 to August 2012, and from 28 June 2014 until 31 May 2017.
For eight years, he was a member of the Council through two sessions. He served as Deputy Press Syndicate, Chairman of the Disciplinary Board and member of the Registration Committee. He presented a successful period in trade union work. He chaired several committees: Housing, Pensions, Culture and other activities
National Press Agency
He was elected as a member of the National Press Agency, where Oath at the Parliament of Egypt 11 April 2017, and was the first statement that his choice of a new mandate from the state, and was signed by the Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Sisi. He resigned from the National Press Commission on 31 May 2017 after being selected in the recent press changes of the boards of directors and editors of the national newspapers.
He contributed many contributions to the writing of children presented to the Egyptian television over the years, including his participation in writing a script series stories of the prophets in the Quran, and directed by Dr. Zeinab Zamzam dealt with many aspects of humanity in the lives of prophets and messengers, and presented a different model in dealing with human relations established by Muhammad, a series of films that led to the award of the Cairo Radio and Television Festival, three international awards from India, the Beijing Festival Award and the Interfaith Dialogue Center in Texas. In continuation of the success of the first series, a new series entitled "Missionaries in Paradise" And the positions of Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, Omar ibn al-Khattab, Uthman ibn Affan, Ali bin Abi Talib, Saad ibn Abi Waqas .. and others, by simplifying and depth suits the children.
He finished writing screenplay for the animated film "Prophet of Mercy" in 2015, which did not see the light for productive reasons. The film deals with the human aspect in the life of Muhammad, in the framework of efforts to correct misconceptions about the Muhammad in particular and the Islamic religion in general, and address the minds of adults and children.
He published several publications, including the book "Higher Education in Egypt" in which he reviewed the policies of higher education in Egypt and put his experiences in the field of education has been honored in this regard from more than one, including the University of Ain Shams in 1997 for its activity in the cause of literacy. In addition to several books published by the Center for Political and Strategic Studies in Al-Ahram, including the book "Ministry of Higher Education", which is part of the series of examination of institutional and functional development of the Egyptian ministries, where the book examines the dilemma of how to create a flexible centralization that allows to respond to the variables of civil society and interact positively with external variables at the same time, it allows its core functions to be built as a society characterized by resource scarcity, poor consumption and poverty. The aim of this series is to open a broad dialogue between the forces of society in order to establish a correct mechanism for the formulation of public policies in Egypt.
Thabet presented several lectures in a number of Egyptian and Arab universities, including a lecture titled "The Future of Paper Press in the Arab World" organized by the King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies in Saudi Arabia on 22 October 2018, where he stressed that any modern media means do not lead to the extinction of means The oldest of which is the electronic press. The press does not cancel the paper press, as it presented a set of solutions to preserve the paper press and the digital press. The paper press tended to diversify its media activities. While maintaining the independent personality of the electronic newspapers, which have developed to be news, media and entertainment gateways with an independent personality. In addition to the training and development of editors to deal with the data and requirements of the digital age with all its modern tools, and to make room for investigative and analytical journalism and reporting so that the paper press to the depth press and deal with the digital in a manner suited to the rapid pace that characterizes it, and attention to what the public wants a variety of topics, and interact with readers.
- "Iconic journalist Ibrahim Nafea's funeral procession sets off from Al-Ahram building in central Cairo - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online". english.ahram.org.eg. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "الوطن | بروفايل: علاء .. "ثابت" الخطى". web.archive.org. 23 August 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "German MP: Egypt Protects Borders from Dangers of Terrorism". Sada El balad. 13 October 2018. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Egypt's Coptic Pope Tawadros II inaugurates historical exhibit at Al-Ahram headquarters - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online". english.ahram.org.eg. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Criminal procedures code, local governance law high on parliament's next agenda, Speaker Abdel-Aal tells Al-Ahram - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online". english.ahram.org.eg. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Egypt made independent, objective decisions while member of UN Security Council: FM Shoukry - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online". english.ahram.org.eg. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Q&A: Egypt parliament speaker talks exclusively to Ahram about chamber's achievements, challenges - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online". english.ahram.org.eg. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Going the Extra Mile for Climate Change". LAU. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "علاء ثابت يعتذر عن الترشح لمجلس نقابة الصحفيين فى الانتخابات القادمة - اليوم السابع". web.archive.org. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "علاء ثابت يحذر من استغلال الإخوان لـ"غضبة الصحفيين" بعد اقتحام نقابتهم | التحرير الإخبـاري". web.archive.org. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Yearender: Polarization overshadows chaotic Middle East, earnest dialogue key to end crises - Xinhua | English.news.cn". www.xinhuanet.com. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "RCREEE Moderates a Session on the Role of Civil Society Role in Supporting Energy Efficiency Media Campaigns | RCREEE". www.rcreee.org. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "CBU Welcomes Egyptian Delegation". www.cbu.ca. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "الوطن | سياسة | "الوطنية للصحافة": مهمتنا تطوير المؤسسات القومية وتعيين رؤسائها". web.archive.org. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "صوت الحرية – الأهرام المسائي". web.archive.org. 22 April 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Thabet, Alaa (2006). Ministry of Higher Education (in Arabic). Al-Ahram Center for Political et Strategic Studies. ISBN 9789772273485.
- "Going the Extra Mile for Climate Change". LAU. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "INTERVIEW: Arab League chief Abul-Gheit talks to Ahram ahead of Riyadh summit - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online". english.ahram.org.eg. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "الأهرام العربى الأولى..وتكريم عبدالعزيز وعبدالخالق فى "جوائز نوال عمر" – الأهرام اليومي". web.archive.org. 20 October 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "صالون عن مستقبل تطوير التعليم العالى بمصر بمؤسسة الأهرام". web.archive.org. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Blank, Stephen (1 July 2011). "Russia's Anxieties about the Arab Revolution (E-Notes, July 2011)". Fort Belvoir, VA. doi:10.21236/ada570562. Cite journal requires
- "الوطن | مصر | رئيس تحرير "الأهرام": جامعة القاهرة سبقت جامعات أوروبية في تطوير الفكر". web.archive.org. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "علاء ثابت: الجامعات نقطة مضيئة في عملية الثقافة والتنوير.. ولابد من عودة دورها – بوابة الأهرام". web.archive.org. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "صدى البلد: علاء ثابت: التعليم يجب أن يؤهل الطالب لحل المشكلات وليس لإيجاد فرصة عمل فقط". web.archive.org. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- KFCRIS (25 October 2018), محاضرة "مستقبل الصحافة الورقية في الوطن العربي" رئيس تحرير صحيفة الأهرام علاء ثابت, retrieved 6 July 2019
- "مركز الملك فيصل للبحوث والدراسات الإسلامية". web.archive.org. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- editor25 (23 October 2018). "مستقبل الصحافة الورقية في الوطن العربي.. الأمل في الاستقصاء والتحليل للاستمرار". صحيفة المواطن الإلكترونية (in Arabic). Retrieved 6 July 2019.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)