|Genre||Children's literature, young adult fiction|
|Publisher||Square Fish & Farrar, Straus and Giroux|
|2006 (1st edition), 2010 (2nd edition paperback)|
|Media type||Print (hardback & paperback)|
|Pages||304 p. (hardback edition)|
After the death of his father, ten-year-old Moon leaves their forest shelter home and is sent to an Alabama institution, becoming entangled in the outside world he has never known and making good friends, a relentless enemy, and finally a new life.
- "Alabama Moon". Kirkus Reviews. August 15, 2006.
- "Alabama Moon". Publishers Weekly.
- Stone, Tanya Lee (February 11, 2007). "Review of Alabama Moon". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- Coats, Karen (2006). "Alabama Moon (review)". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. 60 (4): 175–175. doi:10.1353/bcc.2006.0836. ISSN 1558-6766.
- "Alabama Moon". www.alabamamoonthemovie.net. Archived from the original on January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 6, 2019.
- "Alabama Moon". ISBNdb.