Alabama State Route 189
|Maintained by ALDOT|
|Length||32.857 mi (52.878 km)|
|South end||SR 52|
| US 84 / SR 12|
|North end||US 331 / SR 9|
State Route 189 or SR-189 is a 32.857-mile (52.878 km) state highway that serves Coffee and Crenshaw Counties as a connection between Kinston, Elba and Brantley. SR-189 intersects SR-52 at its southern terminus and US-331 at its northern terminus.
State Route 189 begins at its intersection with SR-52 in the central business district of Kinston. From this terminus, the route travels in an easterly direction prior to turning to the north as it exits the town. From this point, SR-189 generally travels in a north-northeast direction where it intersects both SR-134 and SR-141 en route to Elba. Within Elba, the route intersects SR-203 prior to its brief concurrency with US-84 through the central business district of Elba. Upon leaving its concurrency with US-84, SR-189 resumes its northerly direction and meets SR-87, SR-125 and SR-203 again as it exits town. From Elba, the route generally travels in a northwesterly direction en route to its northern terminus at US-331 south of Brantley.
|Coffee||Kinston||0.0||0.0||SR 52||Southern terminus|
|||10.228||16.460||SR 141||Southern terminus of SR-141|
|Elba||15.453||24.869||SR 203||Southern terminus of SR-203|
|16.233||26.124||US 84 / SR 12||Beginning of brief US-84 concurrency|
|16.604||26.722||US 84 / SR 12||End of brief US-84 concurrency|
|Crenshaw||||32.857||52.878||US 331 / SR 9||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Milepost Map of Coffee & Crenshaw Counties (PDF) (Map). Cartography by ALDOT Bureau of Transportation Planning, Survey & Mapping Division. Alabama Department of Transportation. 1999. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-06-25.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-189 southern terminus" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-189 east of Kingston" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-189 Kingston to Elba" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-189 in Elba" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-189 northern terminus" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.