Alabama Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Alabama Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col. J. Brett Lewis|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col James Harris|
|Chief of Staff||Maj Talmadge Butler|
|Statistics as of 2018|
Members of the Alabama Wing have practiced their ability to find downed planes by running a drill in which pilots searched from the air for practice beacons, and ground teams were then dispatched to the proper location.
The CAP also provides Air Force support through conducting light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys. The Civil Air Patrol can also offer support to counter-drug missions.
The CAP offers cadet programs for youth aged 12 to 21, which includes providing aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership to cadets.
The CAP provides aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public. Fulfilling the education component of the overall CAP mission includes training members of CAP, offering workshops for youth throughout the nation through schools, and providing education through public aviation events.
|AL005||Mobile Composite Squadron||Mobile|
|AL024||Tuscaloosa Composite Squadron||Tuscaloosa|
|AL029||Dothan Composite Squadron||Dothan|
|AL032||Maxwell Composite Squadron||Maxwell Air Force Base|
|AL041||Muscle Shoals Composite Squadron||Muscle Shoals|
|AL055||Huntsville Senior Squadron||Meridianville|
|AL075||Gadsden Composite Squadron||Gadsden|
|AL087||Bessemer Composite Squadron||Bessemer|
|AL090||117th ANG Composite Squadron||Birmingham|
|AL113||Auburn Composite Squadron||Auburn|
|AL117||Chilton County Composite Squadron||Clanton|
|AL118||Pell City Senior Squadron||Pell City|
|AL119||Redstone Composite Squadron||Huntsville|
|AL126||Springville Cadet Squadron||Springville|
|AL132||Central Alabama Senior Squadron||Pelham|
|AL134||Cullman Composite Squadron||Vinemont|
|AL135||Mountain Lakes Flight||Guntersville|
Civil Air Patrol members who are employed within the borders of Alabama are entitled to military leave of absence from their employment "without loss of pay, time, efficiency rating, annual vacation, or sick leave" under the Code of Alabama § 31-2-13 when training or other service related to the Civil Air Patrol.
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- McCarley, Ginny Cooper (24 November 2014). "CAP practices aircraft search and rescue". Shelby County Reporter. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Alabama Wing Units". Alabama Wing Civil Air Patrol. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Alabama Code Title 31. Military Affairs and Civil Defense § 31-2-13". FindLaw. 2017. Retrieved 16 October 2017.