Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga
|Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga|
|Also known as||Aladdin|
|Based on||Aladdin and the Magic Lamp from One Thousand and One Nights|
|Screenplay by||Aanchal Aggarwal Vasani|
|Creative director(s)||Pooja Hingorani|
|Theme music composer||Souvyk Chakraborty|
|Opening theme||"Aladdin" By Souvyk Chakraborty|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||492|
|Camera setup||Multiple camera|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Peninsula Pictures Private Limited|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Original network||Sony SAB|
|Original release||21 August 2018 –|
|Aladdin - Naam Toh Suna Hoga|
Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga (transl. Aladdin – You must have heard the name) is an Indian fantasy television series based on the Arabian nights character. Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga premiered on 21 August 2018 on SAB TV. Aladdin is a young man who falls in love with Princess Yasmine. His life changes after he finds a magical lamp which has a genie inside. Siddharth Nigam stars as Aladdin, Avneet Kaur stars as Princess Yasmine for the first two seasons. Kaur was replaced by Ashi Singh on 13 July 2020.
The tale twirls around Aladdin, a kind-hearted thief, as he falls in love with the dauntless Princess Yasmine, befriends the wish-granting Genie of the Lamp, and battles Zafar and later the lamp's creator, evil enchantress Mallika and again with Ayiyaar Zafar after his rebirth.
Mallika, a powerful and evil sorceress, plans to take over the world. Her servant Hassan, tricks her turning her into rock but before she turned into a stone she turns Hassan into a Genie and traps him in a lamp.
500 years later, a boy named Aladdin is born in Baghdad as the only son of Omar and Rukhsar. He is a kind-hearted lad. His biggest dream was meeting Princess Yasmine of Baghdad. He is tasked by the evil Grand Vizier of Baghdad, Zafar(in English transcription Jafar), to find a genie's lamp in exchange for ten thousand gold coins, but gets confined in a cave. He rubs the lamp and becomes the master of the Genie of The Lamp. He names the Genie Ginu. Zafar tries to steal the lamp from Aladdin but fails.
Aladdin strolls in the streets of Baghdad for several tasks. Princess Yasmine too wanders around in Baghdad in common clothes ensuring the welfare of the citizens. They often bump into each other. Yasmine introduces herself as Sana. Initially, they do not get along well but soon they become friends and fall in love (Aladdin is still unaware of her true identity).
Zafar finds the Genie Of The Ring. With his help, he finds Ginu and turns him evil and erase all of his memories. He kills Sultan i.e. Yasmine's father, framing Aladdin for the murder. Zafar betrays Genie Of The Ring. A heartbroken Yasmine, reveals her status and orders to bury Aladdin alive in a short square closed room without any opening and sand-filled in it.
One year later, Aladdin is shown to be still alive. He finds Genie Of The Ring and discovers Zafar's crimes. He vows to seek revenge and takes up the name Ali. It is shown that his father Omar and Bulbul Chacha saved him. Ali and his Genie (Anguthi chhaap) find two more genies – Jinee Minee and Chand Changezi along with wealth.
Ali with his genies foils Zafar's evil intentions. Gulbadan and Yasmine recognise Aladdin's innocence and then decides to help him. Aladdin and Yasmine confess their love to each other. Together, they turn Ginu back to his good form and Aladdin is reunited with his mother. Zafar intends to reach Mallika with the help of Gold Minar. But Aladdin and Yasmine stop him with the help of Aatish-e-Aftab. Zafar finds out Ali's truth. Zafar gets to know about Ginu's truth that he has recovered his memory and is now with Aladdin. Yasmine, Aladdin and his group bring Zafar's offences in front of Baghdad.
A month later, everyone in Baghdad is celebrating Aladdin and Yasmine's engagement. Mallika disguised as Yasmine's kin arrives and plans for destruction by using the Devil's Dagger. The Genie of the Ring is brought back to life by Ginu using Zeher's poison. Mallika turns Aladdin's mother into a genie who is captivated in a bracelet and persuades Aladdin to bring the three parts of the Devil's Dagger. In the fight, with Zeher, Aladdin unknowingly opens a prison from which a lookalike of Zafar comes out and helps Aladdin. He introduces himself as Faraz, Zafar, and Zeher's younger brother. At last, collect all three parts of Devil's Dagger by which Aladdin kills Mallika and his mother is brought back to human form.
Faraz is then revealed to be Zafar who returned to take revenge from Aladdin along with his sister, Zeher. Zafar, using the Dagger, becomes Aiyyar. Aladdin and Yasmine decide to go to hell to save his father from punishment for giving Aladdin a piece of the Dagger. Meanwhile, Anghuti Chaap sees a vision in the prison that Aladdin and Yasmine fall in the lava. He tricks Zeher and breaks away from the prison and reaches Baghdad. After they reach hell they give a red box to Zafar and in return, he frees Omar from punishment. Aladdin tells Omar that the real red box is with them not with Zafar. Omar sends the real box to a safe place. Omar, knowing that Aladdin and Yasmine can bring the box, pushes them into lava, killing them, so that the box cannot be brought back. Zafar uses a spell that erases the memories of Aladdin and Yasmine from the minds of Baghdad's citizens.
Aladdin and Yasmine are reborn in Turkistan.
18 years later, Aladdin is revealed to be a spoilt and lazy prince, who dreams of becoming the next Sultan. However, Yasmine, accompanied by her talking parrot - Shaheen aka Chatarpatar, who is the Kaali Chorni in Turkistan, detests the prince and wants to become a princess someday. She helps the common people from their various troubles like if they had a loan she would pay it for them. Meanwhile, Aiyyar Zafar rules Baghdad and yearns for the Black Lamp in the Red Box he desired to get.
On the other hand, the Sultan orders Aladdin to catch Kaali Chorni and promises to give him the throne. Aladdin catches her and manifests her in front of the Sultan. After Yasmine explains her point that under what pressures she has become a thief, the Sultan shows his concern to her and orders his Vizier to take care of the poor. There is an earthquake in which Aladdin saves Yasmine's life. The Sultan comes to know that Yasmine is the girl who can take Aladdin to his destiny which was prophesied when Aladdin was born. So he banishes both of them and tells them to return if they can bring one kingdom of Arabia under them.
Anguthi Chhaap, disguised as a fakir, meets them and tells them to go to Baghdad as it is written in their fate. Aladdin and Yasmine leave for Baghdad. On the way to Baghdad, Aladdin finds the Magical Lamp in a mysterious Cave and after a brief competition with Yasmine, Aladdin gets the lamp and rubs it, getting Ginu (but he has also forgotten his memories). They go to Baghdad and try to get the crown of Zafar, but fails. Zafar sees the trio and is initially surprised, and assigns the duty of training Aladdin to Rukhsaar who doesn't recognize Aladdin as her son. She sends him to lift Omar's hammer - Lohaara, to test his capability. Aladdin pretends to fail to anger them and leave Baghdad, however, Anguthi Chhaap tricks them into staying and learning under Rukhsaar for a month. Aladdin hence comes to lift Lohaara yet again and succeeds. Aladdin calls Rukhsaar Ammi because she taught him.Rukhsaar also feels a special connection with Aladdin,Yasmine and Jinu but does not show it.
Rukhsaar agrees to train Aladdin and sends her pupils to the haunted grave, where their target is to bring the 'Flying Lantern'. There, a witch named Mehzabeen resides. Mehzabeen is soon impressed by Aladdin, and she promises Aladdin the flying lantern in return for solving four riddles '4 Khoon Maaf'. It is later revealed that Mehzabeen is Zafar's ex-fiancee. Aladdin solves the first riddle of the beating heart and meets Bulbul Chacha's spirit.He gives Aladdin a memory box and tells him it will open when the right time comes.Bulbul Chacha then,goes to heaven.The next riddle is the riddle of the Walking hand.The hand belonged to Akbar,Zafar's loyal servant.Aladdin took help from Zafar (disguised as Junglee) when his friends were captured by Walking Hand.Akbar returns and recognizes everyone thus addressing Yasmine as "Sultana".He gives back Yasmine her royal sword.But before Akbar could tell anything to them,Zafar summons him and kills him.As Sheefan is very jealous of Aladdin because he solved two riddles and Zafar liked him over Sheefan,he tells Rukhsaar about Aladdin being helped by "Junglee".Rukhsaar is infuriated on Aladdin and orders him to earn 10 gold coins in 48 hours to which Aladdin agrees. He works in a brick factory where he get an order of 1000 bricks. Yasmine along with her parrot is leaving Baghdad and tells her final goodbyes to Aladdin and Ginu. Aladdin and Yasmine feel bad about leaving but don't know why they feel a connection between them. Mehzabeen tries to kill Zafar as he was the one responsible for her death as well as he murdered Bulbul Chacha also,but Zafar outsmart her and kills her.Aladdin works hard and he gets 20 gold coins. But Shifaan beats up Aladdin and throws it away. Aladdin,though tells the truth,Rukhsaar refuses to believe him so that he goes away and Zafar cannot use him to get the box.Enraged,Aladdin tries to learn to walk on water all by himself.On the other hand,Yasmine comes across a human trafficking gang.She fights with the group but they throw her in a pool of mud.Yasmine survives and fights and defeats all of them,singlehandedly.Yasmine decides to stay at Baghdad as the soil of Baghdad has saved her.Rukhsaar is chased by Zafar's dog,Khalibali and falls from a cliff.She falls into the pink lake,where Aladdin was practicing.Aladdin tries to save her and miraculously learns to walk on water.Yasmine and Aladdin again meet Anguthichaap who asks them to find about their connection with Baghdad.
|Season||No. of episodes||Originally broadcast (India)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||207||21 August 2018||31 May 2019|
|2||250||3 June 2019||28 August 2020|
|3||37||31 August 2020||present|
|Total||494||21 August 2018||present|
- Siddharth Nigam as Aladdin (Season 1 and 2) / Shehzada-e-Turkistan, known also as Shehzada Aladdin (Season 3) – A kind-hearted and smart young lad, who is also known as kala chor in Season 1 and as a rich man disguised as Ali in Season 2. He was the master of Genie of the Lamp, Genie of the Ring, Genie of the Bottle, and Genie of the Pendant. He was also Yasmine's best friend turned lover in Season 1 and 2. He was killed by his own father in the finale of Season 2 along with Yasmine. In Season 3, Aladdin is reborn as the prince of Turkistan. He is now the master of Genie of the Lamp. (2018–present)
- Avneet Kaur as Sultana-e-Baghdad, Sultana Yasmine (Season 1 and 2) – Aladdin's best friend turned lover who also called her Nakchadi. She was a brave, patriotic, and kind person and cares for her subjects more than anything else. She met Aladdin while trying to investigate the crimes happening in Baghdad disguised as Sana, also called Pyari Pareshani Ji by Ginu. (2018–2020)
- Ashi Singh as Sultana-e-Baghdad, Sultana Yasmine (Season 2) / Kali Chorni Yasmine (Season 3) replaced Kaur in Season 2. She was killed by Aladdin's father in the finale of Season 2 along with Aladdin. She is reborn as a commoner in Turkistaan, and became the black thief of that kingdom and helps the needy people. She also has a talking parrot in Season 3.  (2020–present)
- Aamir Dalvi as Sultan-e-Baghdad aka Sultan Ayyar Zafar (Season 1, 2 and 3) –  a deceptive sorcerer, the former Grand Vizier of Baghdad and the current Sultan of Baghdad, a greedy man who plans to take over the world in whatever way. He was also known as Mucchad and responsible for all the troubles in Baghdad. He pretended to die to awake the most powerful sorceress in the world, Mallika but returned disguised as Faraz, younger brother of himself and helped Aladdin to kill Mallika. He then revealed himself as Zafar after that to take his revenge from Aladdin by using the Devil's Dagger which he got from Aladdin by deception. He used the Devil's Dagger to become Ayyar (Devil's servent). He became the most powerful sorcerer of the world after Aladdin, Yasmine and Omar's death and took over Baghdad by erasing Aladdin and Yasmine's memory from every citizen's mind. Now, he aims to get the Black magic lamp in the Laal Sandook (Red Box) in Season 3. (2018–present)
- Raashul Tandon as Hassan Ul Rahman Bin Tughluq –  Genie of the Lamp (Season 1,2 and 3), a Jinn who Aladdin considered a brother and calls him Ginu. He is the most powerful jinn in the Universe. He was Zafar's genie with all memory lost, but regained them and helped Aladdin in every possible way. He was captive in his lamp again by Zafar after Aladdin, Yasmine and Omar death. Shehzada Aladdin again discovers his lamp in Season 3 and becomes his master but now he has lost all his memory and don't recognise anyone. (2018–present)
- Sonal Kaushal as the voice of Chatar-Patar Shaheen (Season 3) – Yasmine's talking parrot. (2020–present)
- Smita Bansal as Rukhsar – Aladdin's mother before rebirth (Season 1,2 and 3) and well as a kind-hearted person who can't do bad to anyone even to enemies. She has all her memory lost due to Zafar's magic and now teaches children in Baghdad in the Shahi Talimghar of where she is the Principal (Badi Ustaad). (2018–present)
- Amit Raghuvanshi as Sheefan (Season 3), one of the best students of Rukhsaar, but he is jealous of Aladdin and Jinu and creates problems for them. (2020–present)
- Shivani Badoni as Koyal (Season 3), another student of Rukhsaar and the sister of Shifan who likes Aladdin. (2020–present)
- Divyangana Jain as Sultana-e-Baltish / Zeher-un-Nissa, Zafar's sister (Season 2 and 3), a cunning person like his brother who helped him to reveal all the truth of Aladdin and his Jinns and also helped Zafar to get the Devil's Dagger deceptively from Aladdin to become the most powerful in the World. She now helps Zafar to get the Black Magic Lamp as soon as possible. (2019–present)
- Vikas Grover as Gulbadan, the former Grand Vizier of Baghdad and Aladdin's cousin (Season 1,2 and 3), an innocent and kind-hearted person who now helped Aladdin to save Baghdad. He has forgotten all the memories of Aladdin and Yasmine by Zafar's magic and now works for Zafar. (2018–present)
- Gulfam Khan as Nazneen Begum, Gulbadan's mother (Season 1,2 and 3), Aladdin's aunt and a greedy woman who always collaborates with the evil person whether Zafar or Mallika. She is now a cook in Talimghar but also a small thief along with Mustafa Chacha in Season 3. (2018–present)
- Badrul Islam as Mustafa Chacha – Gulbadan's father (Season 1,2 and 3), Aladdin's uncle and a comical person who always works with Nazneen in her selfish motives. He is now a cook in Talimghar but also a small thief along with Nazneen Begum in Season 3. (2018–present)
- Unknown as Chulbul (Season 3), grandson of Bulbul Chacha and a inventor of scientific things this like his grandfather. (2020–present)
- Unknown as Khalibali (Season 3), a guard who is also a dog. He guards the Talimghar according to Zafar. (2020–present)
- Praneet Bhat as Anghuti Chhaap, Genie of the Ring (Season 1,2 and 3), found in Misr. He is the elder brother of Ginu and became Aladdin's genie after Zafar betrayed him. He was sacrificed by Zafar and Zeher to revive Mallika but he returns as Ginu revived him using Zeher's poison. He helped Aladdin. Now he is captivated in a prison by Zafar. (2018–2020)
- Harsh Vashisht as Sultan-e-Turkistan / Sultan Firoz – Aladdin's father after rebirth, a dutiful and justice giving Sultan and a strict father who wants Prince Aladdin to move on right track. He also gives Aladdin the responsibility to catch the Kali Chorni. (2020)
- Guneet Sharma as Shiraz, Aladdin's close friend. (2020)
- Vipul Tyagi as Faiz, a sidekick of prince Aladdin who helps him in his mischief. (2020)
- Gireesh Sahdev as Omar, Aladdin's father who used to call him Ustad Ji in Season 1. He was killed by Baghdad's soldiers while saving Aladdin from his death punishment. He is shown to have become an angel when he cures Rukhsar's blindness and tells Rukhsar about Ali's truth. Also, he returns as Angel to stop Aladdin from bringing the Devil's Dagger in Season 2 but later he himself gives him the third part of Dagger. For this act, he was sent to hell. At the end of season 2 he jumps into the lava to punish himself for killing Aladdin and Yasmine. (2018–2020)
- Nausheen Ali Sardar as the evil sorceress, Mallika who was turned into stone by Hassan (Ginu) in Season 1. She made the lamp of Ginu and Anguthi Chaap's ring. (2018)
- Sonal Bhojwani as Jinee-Minee, Genie of the Bottle, a mermaid-like genie and Ginu's love interest who calls her Sara. She has the ability to freeze time for a few seconds. She is dead due to poison in genie world. (2019–2020)
- Krishang Bhanushali as Chand Changezi, Genie of the Pendant a 1,500-year-old genie but takes the form of a seven-year-old child and can transform into any object. He is also nicknamed Chacha by all. Now he has died in genie world. (2019–2020)
- Chayan Trivedi as Bulbul Chacha, Aladdin's uncle. He helps Aladdin on his various tasks by giving him his new inventions. (2018–2020)
- Gyan Prakash as Badshah Shahnawaz, the Sultan of Baghdad, Yasmine's father. (2018–2019)
- Farhina Parvez as Piddi, Yasmine's loyal handmaiden and best friend. She often comforts Yasmine whenever she is upset. (2018–2019)
- Yashu Dhiman as Mallika Begum Mehrunisa, the former Sultana (Queen) of Baghdad, Yasmine's mother. She helped Yasmine to take care of the people of Baghdad. (2018–2019)
- Chahat Pandey as Meher, a princess of Yemen and cousin of Yasmine. She fell in love with Aladdin, making Yasmine very jealous. (2019)
- Shrashti Maheshwari as Gulegulfam, Gulbadan's haughty wife who has now gone back to her mom's house. (2019)
- Vinit Kakar as Haiwan-e-Hiblish, the wicked creature who contaminated the water using his toxic venom. (2019)
- Pal John as Sultana-e-Misr, Sultana Adaya, a stubborn princess and Aladdin's former fiancée. She helped Aladdin by giving Atish-e-Aftab. (2019)
- Aradhana Sharma as Sultana-e-Aqaba, Sultana Tamanna, a mysterious princess who is a cat-woman and also knows magic. She was given the duty by Omar to guard the Devil's Dagger's second part but Aladdin somehow took it with him. (2020)
- Kajal Jain as Mehzabeen, a witch, who was Zafar's ex-fiance, that came out due to a task given by Rukhsar to Shehzada Aladdin and his team to take the magical latern in order to get prepared for the Zafar's task. She gets vanished due to Zeher's poison. (2020)
- Prakhar Saxena as Subedar Akbar, Zafar's former right hand. (2018–2019)
- Tushar Kawale as Badal, Zafar's brother in law. (2018)
- Ritu Singh as Bijli, Zafar's sister in law. (2018)
- Aamir Dalvi as Faraz, younger brother of Zafar and Zeher, who was near identical to Zafar's appearance. He was killed by Zafar and Zeher. Zafar, after pretending to fall down and die, kept Faraz's dead body making everyone think it's his dead body. (2020)
- Anila K Kharbanda as Roothi fairy, mirror fairy (2020)
- Priya Sharma as Nagini, the queen of snakes and venom, called by Bhaymar. (2020)
- Dev Joshi as Baalveer, the savior of the world from future. (Baalveer Returns) (2020)
- Aditya Ranvijay as Bhaymar, the warlord of Kaal Lok from the future. (Baalveer Returns) (2020)
- Vansh Sayani as Vivaan, New Baalveer from the future. (Baalveer Returns) (2020)
- Pavitra Punia as Timnasa, the evil queen of Kaal Lok from the future. (Baalveer Returns) (2020)
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Best New Show||Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga|||
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor in a Negative Role||Aamir Dalvi|||
|Best Actor||Siddarth Nigam|
|2019||Zee Gold Awards||Gold Debut – Female
- The series is dubbed and aired in Tamil on Sun TV since 29 September 2019.
- The series is dubbed and aired in Telugu on Gemini TV since 30 September 2019.
- The series is dubbed and aired in Malayalam on Surya TV since August 2, 2019.
- The series is being aired on Sony SAB's sister channel, Sony Pal since 15 June 2020 at 8 PM IST daily.
- The series aired on GMA Network in the Philippines in Hindi since 1 July 2019, as part of The Heart of Asia's 16th-anniversary celebration.
- The series aired on Swarnavahini in Sri Lanka in Sinhala since 16 September 2019.
- The series aired on Azteca 7 in Mexico since 27 April 2020.
- The series is dubbed and aired in Turkey on 360 (TV Channel) since 1 May 2020.
- The series is dubbed and aired in Kannada on Udaya TV since 8 June 2020.
- "Siddharth Nigam and Avneet Kaur in SAB TV's fantasy drama Aladdin". The Indian Express.
- "SAB TV to bring alive Aladdin with its new show 'Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga'". Mumbai Live.
- "Aladdin–Naam Toh Suna Hoga actor Siddharth Nigam: Excited to play my childhood hero on screen". The Indian Express.
- "Siddharth Nigam and Avneet Kaur's show Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga completes 200 episodes; see celebration pictures – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Ashi Singh replaces Avneet Kaur in 'Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga'". Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- India-West, R. M. VIJAYAKAR, Special to. "Aamir Dalvi Calls Himself a 'Schizophrenic Actor'". India West. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Amir Dalvi Re-enters Sony Sab's Aladdin Naam Toh Suna Hoga Faraz". TellyChakkar. Retrieved 21 July 2020.
- "Raashul Tandon talks about his transformation into a negative Genie – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Zafar to take control of ALL the Genies on Sony SAB's Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga". tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- "Vikas Grover to join the cast of 'Aladdin' | TV – Times of India Videos". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "My family is critical about my work: Gulfam Khan". outlookindia.com/.
- "TV's Ashoka aka Sidharth Nigam to play the lead in 'Aladdin, Naam Toh Suna Hoga' – Times of India". The Times of India.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Pranit Bhatt aka Genie of 'The Ring' possesses the people of Baghdad on Sony SAB's Aladdin". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Harsh Vasishtha to enter Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga; says 'getting a chance to explore comedy again'". Times of India. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- "Guneet Sharma to join cast of 'Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga' as Shiraz". Republic World. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- "Debina Bonnerjee wraps up her negative cameo role in 'Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 August 2020.
- "MTV Splitsvilla X2 fame Aradhana Sharma bags SAB TV's Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga". TellyChakkar. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- "Baalveer & Aladdin join forces to fight evil | 27th to 31st Jan | 8pm & 9pm" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Behind The Scenes | Maha Episode of Aladdin and Baalveer | Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga | BaalVeer" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2018 Winners List: Sriti-Shabbir, Eisha-Adnan, Surbhi Jyoti & Others Bag Awards". filmibeat.com. 14 October 2018.
- "ITA Awards 2018: Surbhi Chandna, Divyanka Tripathi, Harshad Chopda win big". India Today.
- "Gold Awards 2019". zee5.com.
- "Sun TV Sunday serial". The Indian Express.
- Alauddin Adbutha Deepam Serial Page
- ALL, ONE FOR (23 September 2019). "DYK? Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga Aired on GMA Network in the Philippines from # 1 July 2019, as part of The Heart of Asia's 16th-anniversary celebration. First Indian drama series on Philippine television. Aired on Swarnavahini in Sri Lanka #16Sep 2019 in all weekdays 7:30 pm.pic.twitter.com/mMQoCXdsB1".