Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (October 2021)
|Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga|
|Also known as||Aladdin|
|Creative director||Pooja Hingorani|
|Theme music composer||Souvyk Chakraborty|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||572|
|Running time||Approx. 20–23 minutes|
|Production company||Peninsula Pictures|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Original network||Sony SAB|
|Original release||21 August 2018 –|
5 February 2021
Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga (transl. Aladdin – You must have heard the name) is an Indian fantasy television series based on the Arabian Nights character Aladdin. The series premiered on 21 August 2018 on Sony SAB. Aladdin is a young boy who falls in love with Princess Yasmine. His life changes after he finds a magical lamp which has a genie inside. Siddharth Nigam stars as Aladdin and Avneet Kaur/Ashi Singh as Princess Yasmine. Raashul Tandon stars as genie of the lamp. The series ended on 5 February 2021.
|No. of season||No of episodes||Originally broadcast (India)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||207||21 August 2018||31 May 2019|
|2||250||3 June 2019||28 August 2020|
|3||115||31 August 2020||5 February 2021|
The series revolves around Aladdin, a kind-hearted thief, as he falls in love with Princess Yasmine, befriends the wish-granting Genie of the Lamp, and battles Zafar and later the evil enchantress Mallika, and again with Sultan Aiyyar Zafar after his rebirth.
Mallika, an evil enchantress, tries to take over the world but her servant Hassan, betrays her and turns her into a stone statue. Before becoming a statue, Mallika turns Hassan to Genie and captures him in a lamp. 500 years later, Aladdin is born in Baghdad as the only son of Rukhsaar and Omar, the once royal guard of Baghdad, now termed as a traitor. Though he is a thief, Aladdin is a kind-hearted, hopelessly romantic poet, funny, brave, and courageous young boy. His biggest dream is meeting Princess Yasmine of Baghdad, with whom he fell in love at first sight (when he was a child of 7 years). He brings a magical lamp in exchange for ten thousand gold coins for the wazir of Baghdad, Zafar but gets confined in a cave. He rubs the lamp and becomes the master of the Genie of The Lamp (Hassan). He names him Ginu.
Zafar tries to steal the lamp from Aladdin but fails. Aladdin strolls in the streets of Baghdad for several tasks. Princess Yasmine isn't allowed to roam in Baghdad for her mother, Queen Mallika denies. Still, she disguises herself and wanders around in Baghdad in common clothes, ensuring the citizens' welfare. Aladdin and Yasmine often bump into each other. Yasmine hates that Aladdin (Kalachor) only likes Shehzaadi Yasmine because of the title, and hence, she introduces herself as Sana. Initially, they do not get along well, but soon they become friends and fall in love.
Zafar finds Anguthi ke Jinn (Genie of Ring) in Misr. He captures Ginu, turns him evil, and erases all of his memories of Aladdin with the help of Anguthi ke Jinn. He kills Sultan, i.e., Yasmine's father, framing Aladdin for the murder, and betrays Genie Of The Ring. A heartbroken Yasmine reveals her truth to a shocked and perplexed Aladdin and orders to bury him alive in a short square closed room without any opening and sand-filled in it. Everyone scorns Rukhsaar as earlier her husband, and now her son, both are termed as traitors.
One Year Later, Aladdin is shown to be still alive, living in Misr. His father Omar and Bulbul Chacha saved him. In the process, Omar gets killed. Aladdin finds Anguthi ke Jinn (he calls him Anguthi Chaap) and discovers Zafar's crimes. Aladdin vows to seek revenge. The duo finds two more genies – an Uncle and Niece duo, Geanie Meanie (Genie of Bottle) and Chand Changezi (who is called ChaCha)(Genie of Locket), along with an enormous amount of wealth.
They take up the names Ali (Aladdin), a merchant from Ankara, his siblings Sara (Geanie Meanie), and Chand Changezi (ChaCha), and their servant Jhumuru (Anghuti Chaap) to foil Zafar's evil intentions. Gulbadan (Aladdin's cousin) recognizes Aladdin's innocence and then decides to help him. He first disguises himself as Aladdin ki rooh (Aladdin's ghost) and captures his innocence in Anghuti Chaap's ring, but the plan fails when Ginu's magic changes the entire recording. Later, Yasmine too finds out about Aladdin's innocence and breaks down out of guilt. Soon she realizes that Ali is no one but disguised Aladdin and confesses her love to him. Aladdin reciprocates her love. Together, they turn Ginu back to his good form, and Aladdin is reunited with his mother. Zafar intends to reach Mallika, an evil enchantress, with the Sonminar's help, as he wants to rule the entire world but Aladdin and Yasmine stop him. Zafar, with the help of his sister, Zeher, finds out Ali and Ginu's truth. Aladdin and his group consisted of Yasmine, Rukhsaar, Gulbadan, Ginu, Anghuti Chaap, Geanie Meanie, and Chand Changezi (the Toli), bring Zafar's offenses in front of Baghdad. Zafar dies, and Zeher escapes from Baghdad. Before his death, Zafar revived Mallika. Aladdin and his companions buried Zafar.
A month later
On the occasion of Jashn e Dilbar, Aladdin proposes marriage to Yasmine and they plan their engagement. A disguised Mallika arrives and plans for destruction by using Shaitaan ka Khanjar (Dagger of Devil). She turns Aladdin's mother into a captivated genie with a bracelet and persuades Aladdin to bring the three parts of the Shaitaan ka Khanjar. In a fight with Zafar's sister Zeher, Aladdin unknowingly opens a prison from which a lookalike of Zafar comes out and helps Aladdin. He introduces himself as Faraz, Zafar and Zeher's younger brother, who was imprisoned by the brother-sister duo for about 10 years. Together they collect all three parts of Shaitaan ka Khanjar by which Aladdin kills Mallika, and his mother is brought back to human form.
Faraz is then revealed to be Zafar himself, who returned to take revenge from Aladdin and Zeher, killing the real Faraz. Using the khanjar, which is now more powerful because of Mallika's blood, Zafar becomes Aiyyar Zafar. Aladdin and Yasmine decide to go to Hell to save his father from punishment because he had given Aladdin a piece of the khanjar. After they reach Hell, they give the Lal Sanduk (Red Box) to Zafar, which he wants, and in return, he frees Omar from punishment. Aladdin tells Omar that the real Lal Sanduk is with them, not with Zafar. Omar sends the real Sanduk to a safer place. Omar, knowing that Aladdin and Yasmine can bring the Sanduk, pushes them into lava, killing them so that the Sanduk cannot be brought back. Then he himself jumps into the lava. Zafar uses a spell that erases Aladdin and Yasmine's memories from the minds of Baghdad's citizens and becomes the Sultan. He traps Ginu in his lamp and throws him away and makes Anguthi Chaap his servant. Chacha and Geanie Meanie die in the world of Genie. Aladdin and Yasmine are reborn in Turkistan.
18 Years Later, Aladdin is shown as the spoilt and lazy prince of Turkistan and Yasmine as a kind-hearted, ordinary thief. After Aladdin manages to catch her, they are banished from Turkistan, and they reach Baghdad after finding Ginu (Anguthi chaap guides them.) They start taking lessons from Rukhsaar, the principal of Baghdad's school (Badi Ustaad). (all the four have no memory of their past life). Gradually, Aladdin regains his memory about his previous life.
Aladdin tricks Zafar to make him reveal where he has kept the memories and makes him turn against Zeher. As time passes, he completely falls for Yasmine and always speaks about her, for which Ginu & Anghuti Chaap tease him. Aladdin is shocked to know that Yasmine was the Sultana of Baghdad. He saves her and realizes that she is his real love and life partner.
Aladdin tells Yasmine about Zafar and his wicked plans. He then brings Zarina, a scorpion, to finish Zafar's powers and restore Baghdad's citizens' memories once and for all. Zarina stings Zafar, and all the memories he had taken away are restored while she gets killed. Aladdin is reunited with his mother Rukhsaar, his brothers Anghuti Chaap and Ginu, and his love Yasmine. After lots of hurdles, Zafar and Zeher are captured and jailed. Yasmine is proclaimed Sultana-e-Baghdad while Zafar and Zeher plot against Rukhsaar. Zafar and Zeher manage to escape. Later, Yasmine confesses her love to Aladdin, and both get engaged. Zafar tells them that a meteoroid will soon crash on Earth, and the Black Lamp which is present in Lal Sanduk can only stop that. Aladdin, Yasmine, and Zafar hence travel to Marakkesh to get the lamp. After a series of incidents, Zafar takes over the Black lamp and its genie and becomes the master of the Black Genie. On the other side, Zeher makes Anguthi Chhap her slave, but he sacrifices himself.
Anghuti Chhap, before his death, tells Rukhsaar that Zafar can't be killed because he had locked his soul in a locket hidden in Hell on land. He helps her to get there, and she gets the locket. She goes to Marakkesh to kill Zafar. Rukhsaar frees the soul from the locket, and Aladdin kills him. The Black Genie gets captured in his lamp again but vows that he'll surely come to take revenge for his Master's death. Everything in Baghdad goes very well, and Aladdin and Yasmine get married. Someone releases the Black Genie out again, and Ginu senses this danger. The series ends showing Aladdin and Yasmine signing off on their way to fight the evils of the world once again.
- Siddharth Nigam (2018 - 2021) as Aladdin and Haider (Aladdin's evil duplicate) - A kind-hearted and smart, handsome young lad, widely known in Baghdad as Kala Chor (Black Thief). He was the master of the Genie of the Lamp (Ginu), Genie of the Ring (Anghuti-Chaap), Genie of the Bottle (Ginnie Minnie), and Genie of the Pendant (Chand Changezi). He was also Yasmine's best friend and lover-turned-fiancé- husband in seasons 1,2 and 3. He was killed by his father in Season 2 along with Yasmine. In Season 3, he is reborn in Turkistan as a prince, Shehzada Aladdin. After being cast out of Turkistan with the current Kali Chorni-Yasmine, they return to Baghdad. He also regains his memory about his previous life and marries Yasmine at the end of the series. (2018–2021)
- Avneet Kaur (2018 - 2020)/Ashi Singh (2020 - 2021) as Yasmine a.k.a. Sultana-e-Baghdad, Sultana Yasmine, (formerly Princess Yasmine), a courageous and beautiful young woman who roamed Baghdad assuring the welfare of her citizens. She was his best friend and love interest turned fiance in seasons 1& 2 and wife in season3 respectively. She had a good bond with Geanie-Meanie.
- Raashul Tandon as Hassan-Ul-Rahman-Bin-Tughluq /Ginu – Genie of the Lamp, a Jinn who Aladdin considers a brother and calls Ginu and younger brother of Genie of Ring, Anguthi Chhaap. He is the most powerful Jinn in the world. He was Zafar's genie with all memory lost, but regained them and helped Aladdin in every possible way to take down Zafar. He was captive in his lamp again by Zafar after Aladdin and Yasmine's deaths and lost all of his memories once more. Shehzada Aladdin again discovers his lamp in Season 3 and becomes his master again, following which, Ginu regains his memory. (2018–2021).
- Aamir Dalvi as Zafar, the former Grand Vizier and the Sultan of Baghdad after Aladdin and Yasmine's deaths. He is a greedy man who plans to take over the world. He is also known as Mucchad and is responsible for all the troubles in Baghdad. He created misunderstandings between the Sultan and royal guard, Omar (Aladdin's father ) and imposed a fake accusation of treason on him, causing Omar to be banished from Baghdad. In the end of season 1, he stabbed Yasmine's father, framing Aladdin for it. However, in season 2, he gets exposed and is defeated. After his defeat, Zafar faked his death and disguised himself as Faraz, his younger brother, and helped Aladdin to kill Mallika. He then revealed his true identity afterward to take his revenge by using the Devil's Dagger which he got from Aladdin by deception. Using the Devil's Dagger, Zafar became an Ayyar (sorcerer) after Aladdin, Yasmine, and Omar's deaths and took over Baghdad by erasing Aladdin and Yasmine's memory from every citizen's mind. In Season 3, he aims to claim the Black Lamp but loses all his power from Zarina's sting. He became the master of the Kala Jinn but still met his demise at the reborn Aladdin's hands. (2018–2021)
- Smita Bansal as Rukhsaar – Aladdin's mother before rebirth, a very kind-hearted person who never held grudges even to those who are cruel around her. Her husband Omar was banished from Baghdad with a fake accusation of treason on him regarding the 'Maghrebi Sarhak' Case and her house was reduced to ashes ( She was pregnant at that time). She also loves Yasmine as her own daughter and wants her to be her daughter-in-law. She lost her memory due to Zafar's magic and taught children in Baghdad in the Shahi Talimghar (Royal School) where she is the Principal (Badi Ustaad). She regains her memory later and permits Aladdin to kill Zafar after everything he put them through. (2018–2021)
- Praneet Bhat as Hussan-Ul-Rahman-Bin-Tughluq/Anguthi Chhaap – Genie of the Ring, a Jinn found in Misr by Zafar and elder brother of Ginu and the wisest of all Genies. He became Aladdin's genie after Zafar betrayed him. He was sacrificed by Zafar and Zeher to revive Mallika but he returns as Ginu revived him using Zeher's poison. He was captivated in a prison by Zafar but helps Aladdin to get his memory back. He dies because of Zeher, and his funeral is attended by his friends. His spirit continues to watch over his friends. (2019–2021)
- Gireesh Sahdev as Omar, Aladdin's father before rebirth, used to call him Ustad Ji in Season 1. He was killed by Baghdad's soldiers while saving Aladdin from his death punishment. He is shown to have become an angel when he cures Rukhsar's blindness and tells Rukhsar about Ali's truth. Also, he returns as Angel to stop his son from bringing the Devil's Dagger in Season 2 but later he himself gives him the third part of Dagger. For this act, he fell from grace and was sent to hell. At the end of Season 2, he jumps into the volcano to punish himself for killing Aladdin and Yasmine. (2018–2020)
- Sonal Kaushal as the voice of Shaheen, Kali Chorni Yasmine's talking parrot and best friend. She considers Yasmine as a sister. She has n unique sense of humor and a unique style of talking. She talks a lot, thus gaining the nickname, "Chatar-Patar".(2020-2021)
- Nausheen Ali Sardar / Debina Bonnerjee as the evil enchantress Mallika who was turned into stone by Hassan (Ginu) . She made the lamp of Ginu and Anguthi Chaap's ring. She arose after 500 years and came to Baghdad to become the most powerful in the World using the Devil's Dagger but gets killed by Aladdin using the same weapon in a fight. (2019)/(2020)
- Divyangana Jain as Sultana-e-Baltish, also known as Zeher-un-Nissa – Zafar's sister, a powerful toxicologist who could make any dangerous venom and who helped zafar to reveal all the truth of Aladdin and his Gins and also helped Zafar to get the Devil's Dagger deceptively from Aladdin to become the most powerful in the World. She then helped Zafar to get the Black Magic Lamp as soon as possible .She accidentally died due to her own poison thrown by Yasmine on her for saving Aladdin. (2019–2021)
- Amit Raghuvanshi as Sheefan, koel's brother, one of the best students of Rukhsaar but he is jealous of Shehzada Aladdin and Jinu and creates problems for them though he likes Yasmine very much and always advises her to stay away from Aladdin. (2020)
- Vikas Grover as Gulbadan, the former Grand Vizier of Baghdad and Aladdin's cousin, an innocent and kind-hearted person who helped Aladdin to save Baghdad. He has forgotten all the memories of Aladdin and Yasmine by Zafar's magic and now works for Zafar. (2018–2020)
- Sonal Bhojwani as Geanie-Meanie /Sarah, Genie of the Bottle, a mermaid-shaped female genie, and Ginu's love interest . She has the ability to freeze time for 30 seconds. She went to the genie world , in order to pray for Aladdin and Yasmine , but gets trapped in the Magical bottle again as her master Aladdin dies, in the end of season 2. (2019–2020)
- Krishang Bhanushali as Chand Changezi, Genie of the Pendant a 1,500-year-old genie but was able to take the form of a seven-year-old child and could transform into any object. He was also nicknamed Chacha by all. Along with Geanie-Meanie, he also went to the Genie world to pray for Aladdin and Yasmine, but gets trapped in the magical pendant again as his master Aladdin dies , in the end of season 2. (2019–2020)
- Gulfam Khan as Nazneen Begum – Gulbadan's mother, Mustafa's wife, Aladdin's aunt, and a greedy woman who always collaborates with the evil person whether Zafar or Mallika. She is now a cook in the Shahi Talimghar but also a small thief along with Mustafa Chacha in Season 3. (2018–2020)
- Badrul Islam as Mustafa Chacha – Gulbadan's father, Aladdin's uncle, Omar's younger brother, and a comical person who always works with Nazneen in her selfish motives. He is now a cook in Talimghar but also a small thief along with Nazneen Begum in Season 3. (2018–2020)
- Nithish as Prince Anders, a courageous and handsome young Prince from Skanland. He was a potential husband for Princess Yasmine. (2019)
- Chayan Trivedi as Bulbul Chacha, Aladdin's uncle, Omar, and Mustafa's cousin. He helps Aladdin with his various tasks by giving him his new inventions. He was killed by Zafar. (2018–2020)
- Soni Singh as Zarina, a shapeshifter, kind-hearted, orphan female scorpion whom Shehzada Aladdin considered a sister. She fell in love with Zafar but gets stabbed by him. As she was coming close to her death she remembered her promise which she had given to her brother Aladdin and thus to fulfill that promise she stings Zafar which leads to the removal of all dark powers from Zafar, thus freeing the memories of Baghdad's citizens. (2020)
- Gyan Prakash as Sultan Shahnawaz, the Sultan( King) of Baghdad, Yasmine's father.He is killed by Zafar. And as Jhuman, polymorphism of sultan Shahnawaz. (2018–2019)
- Farhina Parvez as Piddi, Yasmine's loyal handmaiden and friend. She often comforted Yasmine whenever she was upset. (2018–2019)
- Yashu Dhiman as Mallika Begum Mehrunisa, the former Queen of Baghdad, Yasmine's mother. She helped Yasmine to take care of the people of Baghdad. (2018–2019)
- Prakhar Saxena as Subedar Akbar, Zafar's former right hand. (2018–2020)
- Tushar Kawale as Badal, Zafar's brother-in-law. Zafar threw him off a cliff for failing to claim the lamp. (2018)
- Ritu Singh as Bijli, Zafar's sister-in-law. Zafar threw her off a cliff for failing to claim the lamp. (2018)
- Chahat Pandey as Meher, a princess of Yemen and cousin of Yasmine. She had a crush on Aladdin, making Yasmine very jealous. (2019)
- Shrashti Maheshwari as Gulegulfam, Gulbadan's haughty wife who went to her mom's house. (2019)
- Vinit Kakar as Haiwan-e-Hiblish, the wicked demon who contaminated the water using his toxic venom. (2019)
- Pal John as Sultana-e-Misr, Sultana Adaya, a stubborn young sultana regnant and Aladdin's former fiancée. She helped Aladdin by giving Atish-e-Aftab. (2019)
- Shivani Badoni as Koyal, another student of Rukhsaar and the sister of Sheefan. She likes Aladdin very much and genuinely cares for everyone . (2020)
- Karan Khan as Chulbul, grandson of Bulbul Chacha and an inventor of scientific things like his grandfather, an aid to Rukhsar and Aladdin. (2020–2021)
- Jogesh as Khalibali, a therian guard . He guards the Talimghar according to Zafar. (2020-2021)
- Harsh Vashisht as Sultan-e-Turkistan, Sultan Firoz – prince Aladdin's father after rebirth, a dutiful and fair Sultan, and a strict father who wants to help Prince Aladdin find the right path. He also gives prince Aladdin the responsibility to catch the Kali Chorni. (2020)
- Guneet Sharma as Shiraz, Aladdin's close friend. (2020)
- Vipul Tyagi as Faiz, a sidekick of Prince Aladdin who helps him in his mischief. (2020)
- Aradhana Sharma as Sultana-e-Aqaba, Sultana Tamanna, a mysterious sultana regnant who is a cat-woman and also knows magic. She was given the duty by Omar to guard the Devil's Dagger's second part but Aladdin somehow took it with him. (2020)
- Kajal Jain as Mehjabeen, a witch, who was Zafar's ex-fiancé, that came out due to a task given by Rukhsaar to Shehzaada Aladdin and his team to take the magic lantern to get prepared for the Zafar's task. She was killed by zeher (2020)
- Viren Singh Rathore as Allah Rakha, who is approached by Rukhsaar to get help for Aladdin and other children of Talimghar from Zafar. He fights with Zafar but gets killed Zeher's poison. (2020)
- Unknown as Akkubara, guardian of Earth. She helped Aladdin to reach Allah Rakha after testing his qualities. (2020)
- Unknown as Sunahari, a little girl rescued by Yasmine from the gang of Zafar. Now, she resides along with Yasmine in the Talimghar. (2020)
- Om Aditya Yadav as young Aladdin who saw Princess Yasmine in her childhood and fell for her. (2018)
- Anila K Kharbanda as Roothi, a fairy who helped Zafar watch past of prince Aladdin and Yasmin. (2020)
- Riddhi Gupta as Jhoothi, a fairy who helped Zafar watch past of prince Aladdin and Yasmin.(2020)
- Prerika Arora as Tooti, a fairy who helped Zafar watch past of prince Aladdin and Yasmin. (2020)
- Shweta Khanduri as Aliza, a manipulative harradian who was killed by ginu.(2018)
- Milan Singh as Zehreeli, a naagin (a shape-shifter female serpent )who has the power of seeing the future. (2020-2021)
- Nirisha Basnnet as Sheher-zaadi, a powerful authoress and an aid to Zafar. She is the daughter of the Kala Jinn from the Kala Chirag that Zafar wanted. She was able to trap people into her dark story and was able to create new characters in her story which happened in reality . She was trapped by Aladdin in her own story .(2021)
From Baalveer Returns (2020):
- Priya Sharma as Nagini, the queen of snakes and venom, created by Bhaymar.
- Dev Joshi as Senior Baalveer, the savior of the world from the future.
- Aditya Ranvijay as Bhaymar, the commander of Kaal Lok from the future.
- Vansh Sayani as Vivaan, Junior Baalveer from the future.
- Pavitra Punia as Timnasa, the evil queen of Kaal Lok from the future.
|2018||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor in a Negative Role||Aamir Dalvi|||
|Best Actor||Siddharth Nigam|
|2019||Zee Gold Awards||Gold Debut – Female||Avneet Kaur|
|People's Favourite TV Actor||Siddharth Nigam|||
- "Siddharth Nigam and Ashi Singh's show Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga completes 200 episodes; see celebration pictures – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Avneet Kaur in SAB TV's fantasy drama Aladdin". The Indian Express. 12 May 2018. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- "Ashi Singh replaces Avneet Kaur in 'Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga'". Times of India. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- "Raashul Tandon talks about his transformation into a negative Genie – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- India-West, R. M. VIJAYAKAR, Special to. "Aamir Dalvi Calls Himself a 'Schizophrenic Actor'". India West. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Vikas Grover to join the cast of 'Aladdin' | TV – Times of India Videos". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "My family is critical about my work: Gulfam Khan". outlookindia.com/.
- "TV's Ashoka aka Sidharth Nigam to play the lead in 'Aladdin, Naam Toh Suna Hoga' – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Harsh Vasishtha to enter Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga; says 'getting a chance to explore comedy again'". Times of India. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- "Guneet Sharma to join cast of 'Aladdin: Naam Toh Suna Hoga' as Shiraz". Republic World. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- "ITA Awards 2018: Surbhi Chandna, Divyanka Tripathi, Harshad Chopda win big". India Today.
- "ITA Awards 2018 Winners List". Indian Express.
- "Gold Awards 2019". zee5.com.