|Canton||La Piège au Razès|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Jean Périllou|
|13.86 km2 (5.35 sq mi)|
|• Density||24/km2 (62/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||244–444 m (801–1,457 ft) |
(avg. 330 m or 1,080 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Alaignois or Alaignoises'
The commune is located some 10 km north-west of Limoux and 20 km east of Mirepoix. A number of district roads all converge on the village of Alaigne: the D102 south from Belveze-du-Razes, the D702 west from Routier, the D102 north-west from Limoux, and the D52 which comes east from Bellegarde-du-Razes then continues south to Villelongue-d'Aude.
Located in the AOP Malepere wine growing area, the commune is mostly vineyards and farmland for wheat, rape and sunflowers with a few scattered forests. There are no villages or hamlets other than Alaigne.
|This is the arms of the last Archbishop of Narbonne, Arthur Richard Dillon.
List of Successive Mayors of Alaigne
|1906||1912||Urbain Frontil||Consul General|
(Not all data is known)
Culture and heritage
- The Porte de Papi Fortified door (15th century) is registered as an historical monument.
- The Cemetery contains a number of items that are registered as historical objects:
- The Parish Church of Saint-Pierre es Liens contains a number of items that are registered as historical objects:
- Alaigne on the National Geographic Institute website
- Alaigne on Lion1906
- Alaigne on Google Maps
- Alaigne on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Alaigne on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Alaigne on the INSEE website (in French)
- INSEE (in French)
Notes and references
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Alaigne.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alaigne.|
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- Inhabitants of Aude (in French)
- Google Maps
- Arms of the State of Languedoc, editor Jacques Vincent, by Denis-François Gastelier de La Tour, 1767, Paris, 248 pages (in French)
- Topographic Dictionary of the départment of Aude, Imprimerie nationale, Abbot Antoine Sabarthès, 1912, Paris, p. 313.
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée PA00102510 Porte de Papi Fortified door (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002570 Funeral Stèle (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002569 Funeral Stèle (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002568 Funeral Stèle (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002567 2 Funeral Stèles (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002572 Chalice with Paten (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002571 Chalice with Paten (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002566 2 Stoups (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002565 Facing of the Altar and the communion table (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM11002579 Reliquary Cross of Saint Julie (in French)