|Born||9 October 1975|
|Education||Conservatoire de Paris|
Alain Altinoglu (born 9 October 1975) is a French conductor of Armenian descent.
Born in Paris, into an Armenian family who were originally from Istanbul, Altinoglu studied music at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris. After finishing his studies at the Conservatoire, he joined the school's faculty and became director of the conducting class there in 2014.
Altinoglu first appeared as a guest conductor with La Monnaie in 2011, conducting a production of Massenet's Cendrillon. In September 2015, La Monnaie announced the appointment of Altinoglu as its next music director, effective January 2016. The appointment with La Monnaie is Altinoglu's first formal post with an opera house. In December 2019, La Monnaie announced the extension of Altinoglu's contract through 2025.
In August 2019, Altinoglu first guest-conducted the hr-Sinfonieorchester. In December 2019, the hr-Sinfonieorchester announced the appointment of Altinoglu as its next chief conductor, effective with the 2021–2022 season, with an initial contract of 3 seasons. This appointment marks Altinoglu's first chief conductorship of a symphony orchestra.
Altinoglu is married to the mezzo-soprano Nora Gubisch. The couple perform in recital together, and have recorded commercially together. Altinoglu has also made other commercial recordings on CD and on DVD, including Pascal Dusapin's Perelà uomo di fumo, Lalo's Fiesque, Honegger's Jeanne d'Arc au bûcher, Massenet's Thérèse, and Dusapin's Perelà.
- "Le Conservatoire accueille un nouveau Chef d'Orchestre : Alain Altinoglu". Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris, 14 November 2013.
- "Alain Altinoglu - Music Director of La Monnaie" (PDF) (Press release). Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie. 2015-09-02. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Koen van Boxern (2015-09-02). "Alain Altinoglu moet orkest De Munt in juiste richting sturen". De Tijd. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- "Alain Altinoglu, Directeur musical de la Monnaie jusqu'en 2025" (Press release). Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie. 5 December 2019. Retrieved 2019-12-08.
- "Alain Altinoglu wird zur Saison 2021/22 neuer Chefdirigent des hr-Sinfonieorchesters Frankfurt" (Press release). Hessischer Rundfunk. 5 December 2019. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- Andrew Clark (2014-07-18). "Nora Gubisch and Alain Altinoglu: Folk Songs – review". Financial Times. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Andy Gill (2012-08-18). "Album: Nora Gubisch, Alain Altinoglu, Ravel: Mélodies (Naïve)". The Independent. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Andy Gill (2013-08-02). "Album review: Alain Altinoglu, Choeur et Orchestre Opéra National Montpellier Languedoc-Roussillon, Massenet: Thérèse (Palazzetto Bru Zane/Ediciones Singulares)". The Independent. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Andrew Clements (2005-03-17). "Dusapin: Perelà - Uomo di Fumo, Graham-Hall/ Philippe/ Perraud/ Mahe/ Montpellier Opera/ Altinoglu". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
| Music Director, La Monnaie