Alain M. Robert
Alain M. Robert is Honorary Professor at University of Neuchâtel. Robert received his PhD from the University of Neuchâtel in 1967, where he studied under Roger Bader. His dissertation was Quelques Questions d'Espaces Vectoriels Topologiques concerned Topological Vector Space.
- Robert, Alain M.: A course in p-adic analysis. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 198. Springer-Verlag, New York, 2000.
- MathSciNet reviewer Daniel Barsky wrote: "Robert's book is aimed at an intermediate level between the very specialized monographs and the elementary texts. It has no equal in the marketplace, because it covers practically all of p-adic analysis of one variable (except the rationality of the zeta function of an algebraic variety over a finite field and the theory of p-adic differential equations) and contains numerous results that were accessible only in articles or even in preprints" here.
- This book was cited over 300 times at Google Scholar in 2012.
- Robert, Alain: Introduction to the representation theory of compact and locally compact groups. London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, 80. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge-New York, 1983.
- Robert, Alain: Elliptic curves. Notes from postgraduate lectures given in Lausanne 1971/72. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 326. Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1973.
- Gertsch, Anne; Robert, Alain M.: Some congruences concerning the Bell numbers. Simon Stevin 3 (1996), no. 4, 467–475.
- Robert, Alain: Nonstandard analysis. Translated from the French by the author. A Wiley-Interscience Publication. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1988.
- This book was cited 80 times at Google Scholar in 2012.
- Robert, Alain M.: Linear Algebra: Examples and Applications. World Scientific Publishing Company, Singapore, 2005
- Mathematics Genealogy Project, North Dakota State University. "Alain Robert".