July 10, 1975 |
Montreal, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)|
|Played for||Chicago Blackhawks
New York Islanders
|NHL Draft||135th overall, 1993
Alain Jean-Paul Mohammed Nasreddine (born July 10, 1975) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey Defenseman who played in the National Hockey League. He is currently an assistant coach of the New Jersey Devils.
Nasreddine played junior ice hockey with Drummondville Voltigeurs and Chicoutimi Saguenéens in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. He was selected in the sixth round, 135th overall by the Florida Panthers in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft.
Nasreddine has played in six different NHL organizations, but has mostly played in the minor leagues. He saw very limited NHL duty with the Chicago Blackhawks (7 games), Montreal Canadiens (8 Games), New York Islanders (3 Games), and the Pittsburgh Penguins (56 games). He signed in 2008 for the Sinupret Ice Tigers of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga and after two seasons in the DEL was released on June 12, 2010, following the 2009–10 season.
On June 17, 2015, Nasreddine was named an assistant coach for the New Jersey Devils.
- "Alain Nasreddine from Penguins to Ice Tigers". eishockey.info (in German). 2008-07-01. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Ice Tigers plan without Nasreddine and Mosienko". nz-online.de (in German). 2010-04-12. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Nasreddine returns to WBS as asst. coach". American Hockey League. 2010-08-20. Archived from the original on August 24, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Alain Nasreddine player profile at NHL.com
- Alain Nasreddine career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Alain Nasreddine's Official MySpace
|Awards and achievements|
|Captain of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins