This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||24 May 1948|
|Alma mater||HEC Paris|
|Known for||co-founder and 42% owner, Altarea Cogedim|
|Net worth||US$1.7 billion (June 2017)|
|Title||Chairman and CEO, Altarea Cogedim|
Alain Taravella (born 24 May 1948) is a French real estate developer. He is the co-founder, 42% owner, chairman and chief executive officer of Altarea Cogedim, a French multi-channel real estate company.
Taravella is a graduate of the French HEC Paris Business School. In 1975, he joined Brémond Group as the head of the Leisure Division. The company was to become Pierre & Vacances in 1975, a leading company in the European tourism services sector. He was appointed Chief Executive Officer in 1985.
In 1994, he co-founded Altarea, a shopping center development real estate investment trust. In 2007, it acquired Cogedim, a housing and office property development company. Since then, Altarea Cogedim has pursued its development on the three main property markets: retail, residential and offices. The group created the retail-entertainment concept with Bercy Village and spearheaded a new approach to edge-of town retail with Family Village shopping centers.  In 2010, it acquired Cap 3000, one of France's leading regional shopping centers located on the outskirts of Nice. It also developed the housing and office property program for the former Laennec Hospital site in Paris' 7th arrondissement and renovated the First Tower in the La Défense business district.
By acquiring Rue du Commerce in 2011, a leader in e-commerce in France, Altarea Cogedim became the first multi-channel property company.
The Group has more than 1,200 employees. With operations in France, Spain and Italy, Altarea Cogedim manages a shopping center portfolio worth €4 billion. Taravella owns approximately 48% of the Group's capital. Listed in compartment A of the NYSE Euronext Paris, Altarea recorded sales of €1.584 billion in 2012 and a market capitalization of €1.4 billion at 30 June 2013.
- "Alain Taravella". Forbes.com. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Profile". Groupepvcp.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Alain Taravella : Tout savoir sur Alain Taravella, Co-fondateur et Président-directeur général d'Altarea Cogedim". Lsa-conso.fr. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Bercy Village - Paris tourist office". En.parisinfo.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "History". Altarea Cogedim. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Altarea Cogedim's friendly takeover bid for RueduCommerce is a clear success and increases Altarea Cogedim's stake to 95.11%". Altarea Cogedim. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". Altarea Cogedim. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
|This French business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|