|Secretary of State|
August 20, 1938 |
|Political party||French Socialist Party|
Alain Vivien (born August 20, 1938, in Melun, Seine-et-Marne) is a French Socialist Party (PS) politician, best known for chairing (from 1998 to 2002) the French Mission Interministérielle pour la Lutte contre les Sectes, MILS, a ministerial organism designed to observe the activities of various religious organizations defined as "Sectes" (cults).
He was mayor of Combs-la-Ville in 1977-1983 and 1989-1992. In 1983 he was elected to the French National Assembly for Seine-et-Marne as a PS candidate. The author of a report on cults requested by Prime Minister Pierre Mauroy in 1982, he was Secretary of State under Edith Cresson in 1991-1992 From 1997 to 1998 he was president of the Centre contre les manipulations mentales
- Leipzig Human Rights Award, May 11, 2002
- About-Picard law
- Status of religious freedom in France
- List of anti-cult organizations and individuals
- Hart, K., M. Blanchot and Z. Paul. 2010. Political Writings, 1953–1993: Fordham University Press. .
- Côté, P., E. Barker and Université Laval. Groupe de recherches en sciences de la religion. 2001. Chercheurs de Dieux Dans L'espace Public: Groupe Beauchemin. .
- Tromso, N.J.R.L.A.P.R.U. 2009. Scientology: Oxford University Press, USA. .
- Palmer, S. 2011. The New Heretics of France: Minority Religions, la Republique, and the Government-Sponsored War on Sects: Oxford University Press, USA. .
- Palmer, Susan (2011-09-23). The New Heretics of France: Minority Religions, la Republique, and the Government-Sponsored War on Sects. Oxford UP. p. 17. ISBN 9780199875993.
- ^ (French) Pourquoi la bataille anti-sectes a échoué ? ("Why did the fight against cults fail?") by Thomas Lardeur, VSD, August 22 to 28, 2002
- ^ CESNUR, Anonymous, Innocents Abroad: French Anti-Cultists, Mission Support China’s Anti-Cult Campaign  (Retrieved October, 2005)
- ^ Le Parisien, June 19, 2002.
- ^ (French) Sectes : Alain Vivien placé sous protection policière L'Humanité, January 14, 1999 .
- ^ Council of Europe, Report regarding FECRIS by Dick Marty: Doc 10470 of 7 March 2005