Alakdana title screen
|Also known as||The Lady Scorpion|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Directed by||Mac Alejandre|
|Starring||Louise delos Reyes
|Theme music composer||Vehnee Saturno|
|Opening theme||"Sa Pangarap Ko"
sung by Frencheska Farr
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||78 episodes (Final)|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30–45 minutes (approx. 25 minutes w/o commercials)|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original release||January 24 – May 13, 2011|
|Followed by||Ang Yaman ni Lola (August 23, 2010-January 21, 2011)|
Alakdana (English: The Lady Scorpion) is an original fantasy-horror drama series aired by GMA Network. It is topbilled by tween star Louise delos Reyes as Adana. Her leading men for this project are Paulo Avelino, Richie Paul Gutierrez and newcomer Alden Richards. Members of its cast include Jean Garcia, Matthew Mendoza, Jobelle Salvador, Jhoana Marie Tan, Perla Bautista, Racquel Montesa, and Ian de Leon. It will be directed by Mac Alejandre and premieres this January 24, 2011 on GMA′s Dramarama sa Hapon (now Afternoon Prime) block replacing Ang Yaman ni Lola. The show premiered on January 26, 2011 on GMA Pinoy TV, 2 days after its original premiere. The show ended on May 13 and replaced by Blusang Itim.
The story centers on a girl named Adana. Adana is plagued with a scorpion tail. Thus, making her life very uneasy and woeful. Despite of the plague, Adana grows up to be a kind-hearted, down to earth and God-fearing child. Adana, with a fear of having her big secret revealed, will be hiding her identity as a girl born with an unusual scorpion tail.
Cast and characters
- Jean Garcia as Teresa San Miguel
- Matthew Mendoza as Vergel Madrigal
- Jobelle Salvador as Zoila Madrigal
- Jhoana Marie Tan as Veronica Madrigal
- Ritchie Paul Gutierrez as Gabriel Geronimo
- Perla Bautista as Ising Perez
- Racquel Montesa as Olga Gaston
- Ian de Leon as Rico Romero
- Eunice Lagusad as Weng
- Joonee Gamboa as Ermitanyo
- Karla Estrada as Madam Greta
- Gwen Zamora as Rachel Dinagul/Krista Eisenhower
- Jan Manual as Vic
- Mariel Pamintuan as Young Adana
- Randy Frosca as Young Joma
- Menggie Cobarubias as Vergel's father
- Baby O'brien as Vergel's mother
- Carmen Soriano as Zoila's mother
- This show was supposed to replace Bantatay, but due to high ratings Bantatay has been extended and formerly network decide to occupied the timeslot of Ang Yaman ni Lola.
- This was the last showbiz work of Paulo Avelino in GMA Network as a contract artist before he transferred to ABS-CBN.
- This was the first showbiz work of Alden Richards in GMA Network as a contract artist.
- Alakdana ended on May 2011 and replaced by Blusang Itim.