Alamid (rock band)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2010)|
|Also known as||The Philippines' Friendliest Rock Band|
|Labels||Warner Music Philippines (1993-2001)
Twisted Red Cross (1989-1990)
Boy next Door
|Past members||Thallie Facelo
Efryl de Dios
JD Sto. Tomas
Alamid is a Filipino alternative rock band. The group's members hail from Manila. They released three albums on Warner Bros. Records (Warner Music Philippines) in the 1990s. Their hit single "Your Love" was named Song of the Year at the NU107 Rock Awards in 1995.
- Carl McFly - Lead vocals
- Dexter Facelo - Guitars, vocals
- Gene Mitra - Keyboards, vocals
- Jun Pineda - Bass, vocals
- Jex Herradura - Drums, vocals
- Carlo Gonzales - saxophone, vocals
- Alamid (Warner Philippines, 1994)
- Panaginip (Warner, 1995)
- Radio Friendly (Warner, 1997)
- The Best of Alamid (Warner, 2001)
- Anting-anting (independently released, 2005)
- Rock Grooves in Delirious Ways (2007)
- 1896 (Ang Pagsilang) (1996)
- Servant Of All 2: In His Time (Viva Records, 2002)
- Superbands (2006)
- Nini Valera. "This ‘90s band is struggling to regain control … of their precious property", Sunday Inquirer Magazine, June 29, 2006.
- Paul Mata. "Alamid recalls how hit song "Your Love" catapulted the group to fame", Pep.PH, August 14, 2008.
- Kimberly Jane T. Tan. "We really were impressed by Francis when he came up with lyrics for his rap portion in “1896" on the spot, he really has talent," said lead vocalist Gary Ignacio.", GMANews.TV, March 7, 2009.
- Raynald Rivera. "Gary Ignacio, Alamid’s vocalist, impressed Filipinos including other nationalities who are followers of the rock genre, with his exceptional vocal range and versatility in singing some of the songs which catapulted the group into stardom in the 90s.", The Peninsula, October 11, 2009.
- Ailyn Agonia. "All-time favourite Filipino alternative-rock band Alamid set the mood of the concert with their renditions of some of their hit tracks including ‘Sama- Sama’ and ‘China Eyes’", Qatar Tribune, October 11, 2009.
- "The Philippine International School Qatar (PISQ) together with Supernova Entertainment presented a rock concert featuring top Filipino artistes Alamid, Brownman Revival and Rico Blanco", Gulf Times, October 13, 2009.
- Carmela Lapena. "In Cubao, arguably the busiest MRT station at any given day, was a "chop suey" lineup of Noel Cabangon, Jeepney Joyride, Giniling Festival, FMD ...Datu’s Tribe, Alamid, Boy Elroy, Bad Burn, and Dakila Philippines.", GMANews.TV, December 7, 2009.
- The Official Website of ALAMID, the Philippines' Friendliest Rock Band
- The Official Multiply Page of ALAMID
- The Official Facebook Fan Page of ALAMID
|NU Rock Awards
Song of the Year