|Nickname(s): The Home of the Coramblan Festival|
Map of Laguna showing the location of Alaminos
|Region||CALABARZON (Region IV-A)|
|District||3rd district of Laguna|
|Founded||October 12, 1916|
|• Mayor||Loreto Masa|
|• Total||57.46 km2 (22.19 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||830/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)49|
Alaminos has a land area of 5,746 hectares (14,200 acres) and is situated 78 kilometres (48 mi) southeast of Manila. The municipalities of Calauan and Bay are located north of Alaminos, the city of San Pablo on the south and the municipality of Santo Tomas in Batangas province on its west.
There are three main rivers in Alaminos, namely Kaquinkong, Onipa and Tigas.
Alaminos is politically subdivided into 15 barangays.  Four are which is classified as urban barangays; Barangay I, II, III and IV. The rest of the eleven barangays are classified as rural. San Gregorio is the biggest barangay measuring 840.6190 hectares followed by Santa Rosa measuring 802.28 hectares.
- Del Carmen
- Barangay I (Pob.)
- Barangay II (Pob.)
- Barangay III (Pob.)
- Barangay IV (Pob.)
- San Agustin
- San Andres
- San Benito (Palita)
- San Gregorio
- San Ildefonso
- San Juan
- San Miguel
- San Roque
- Santa Rosa
Alaminos began as a barrio of San Pablo City, which was then only a town belonging to the province of Batangas. It was re-annexed as barrio of San Pablo which was then ceded to the province of Laguna in 1902. It was not until about 1916 that Alaminos regained its status as a town and remained within the political territory of Laguna. The municipality got its name after Spanish governor-general Juan Alaminos y Vivar.
|Population census of Alaminos|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Alaminos, Laguna, was 47,859 people, with a density of 830 inhabitants per square kilometre or 2,100 inhabitants per square mile.
Mayors of Alaminos
The following is the list of mayors of Alaminos since 1944. Hernandez Sr. and Masa were appointed as Mayors. Donato died in office, with Vice Mayor Flores assuming the position of mayor following Donato's death.
- Demetrio Hernandez Sr. (1944–1946)*
- Felimon Masa (1947–1948)
- Daniel Fandiño (1948–1951)
- Lorenzo Dimayuga (1952–1955)
- Pedro De Villa (1956–1963)
- Casimiro Faylona (1968–1971)
- Pedro De Villa (1968–1971)
- Armando M. Bueser (1972–1979)
- Francisco Donato (1980–1982)
- Mariano Flores (1982–1987)
- Samuel F. Bueser (1988–1998)
- Demetrio P. Hernandez Jr. (1998–2001)
- Samuel F. Bueser (May 14, 2001 – 2007)
- Eladio M. Magampon (2007–2016)
- Loreto M. Masa (2016–present)
People from Alaminos
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Province: Laguna". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Location, Composition and Land Area". Alaminos, Laguna. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Drainage and River Networks". Alaminos, Laguna. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Laguna". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "List of Mayors". Alaminos, Laguna. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "History Of Alaminos". Alaminos, Laguna. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alaminos, Laguna.|