Alamzeb Mujhahid khan is a Pashto language stage and TV comedian from Pakistan.He belongs to Charsada KPK. He was kidnapped from Peshawar by unidentified militants in January 2009 and was kept in captivity for almost a week. Soon after his release, he held a press conference to announce his departure from stage and TV shows to preach Islam. He remained associated with Pakistan Television for two decades and has a fan-following in Pakistan and neighboring Afghanistan. He moved to Singapore after his release where he works as a cab driver. He is originally from Charsadda in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and pursued a masters in Pashto literature from the University of Peshawar before dropping out. Mujahid has performed in over 250 comedy dramas.
He acted in hundreds of stage and TV plays.
One of his famous stage drama is abased, with Nazar Muhammad and he played different roles in a fun way and try to keep the society aware of certain people in the community.
- Curtain call: Forced into exile, Pashto TV’s ‘Janan’ longs for home, Expres Tribune
- "Militant threats chill Pakistani entertainers". DAWN. 16 Feb 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2010.[permanent dead link]
- Khan, Emal (15 March 2009). "Taliban threatens Pakistani singers and actors with death". Telegraph. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Yusufzai, Ashfaq (19 March 2009). "Bombing Closes Shrine Off For Women". IPS News. Archived from the original on 21 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Imtiaz, Saba (23 June 2010). "A new form of films emerges". Tribune. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Militants killing laughter and music in NWFP". DAWN. 9 February 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2010.[permanent dead link]
|This article about a Pakistani actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a comedian or humorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|