Barlow was born in London, the eldest son of Sir Thomas Barlow, 1st Baronet, Royal physician, and his wife Ada Dalmahoy. He was Principal Private Secretary to Ramsay MacDonald, 1933-1934, and later Under-secretary at HM Treasury.
Barlow was a knight three times over; a baronet and a knight of both the Order of the Bath and the Order of the British Empire; CBE 1918, CB 1928, KBE 1938, KCB 1942, GCB 1947.
- Joan Helen Barlow (26 May 1912 - 21 February 1954)
- Sir Thomas Erasmus Barlow, 3rd Baronet (23 January 1914 - 12 October 2003), naval officer.
- Erasmus Darwin Barlow (15 April 1915 - 2 August 2005)
- Andrew Dalmahoy Barlow (b. 16 September 1916 – 2006), was the father of mathematician Martin T. Barlow.
- Hilda Horatia Barlow (b. 14 September 1919) married psychoanalyst John Hunter Padel; their daughter is the poet Ruth Padel.
- Horace Basil Barlow (b. 8 December 1921)
- BARLOW, Sir (James) Alan (Noel)’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 26 May 2011
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
(of Wimpole Street)
Thomas Erasmus Barlow
|This article about a person involved in governance in the United Kingdom or its predecessor states is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|