Alan Bates (politician)
|Member of the Oregon Senate
from the 3rd district
January 2005 – 5 August 2016
|Succeeded by||Kevin Talbert|
|Member of the Oregon House of Representatives|
January 2001 – January 2005
|Succeeded by||Peter J. Buckley|
|Born||Alan Curtis Bates
March 17, 1945
|Died||August 5, 2016
Rogue River, Oregon, U.S.
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Children||Kim Bates, Krista Bates, Keri Bates, Curtis Bates, Samantha Bates Tipler|
|Alma mater||Central Washington University
Kansas City University
|Occupation||Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine|
Alan Curtis Bates (March 17, 1945 – August 5, 2016) was an American osteopathic physician and a Democratic politician from the U.S. state of Oregon. He was a member of the Oregon State Senate, representing the 3rd District since 2005. Previously he was a member of the Oregon House of Representatives from 2000 through 2004.
- 78th Oregon Legislative Assembly
- 77th Oregon Legislative Assembly
- 76th Oregon Legislative Assembly
- 75th Oregon Legislative Assembly
- 74th Oregon Legislative Assembly
- 73rd Oregon Legislative Assembly
- Raymond, Rose (November 20, 2012). "Election 2012: DOs bring health expertise to state, national offices". The DO. Archived from the original on 31 December 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Oregon state Sen. Alan Bates, DO, remembered as leader, lifesaver". The DO. August 9, 2016.
- Matsumoto, Samantha (August 6, 2016). "Oregon senator Alan Bates dies at age 71". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- Dr. Alan Bates - Oregon Senate Majority Whip official website
- Oregon State Senate - Alan Bates official government website
- Oregon Senate Democrats - Alan Bates senate democrats legislative website
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Alan Bates (OR) profile
- Follow the Money - Alan Bates
- Dr. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward and Dr. Alan Bates testify before Oregon Medical Board -- OMB Public Meeting audio from 2012-10-12
|This article about an Oregon politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|