Branch in the 2012 preseason.
|No. 97 New England Patriots|
|Date of birth:||December 29, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Rio Rancho, New Mexico|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||325 lb (147 kg)|
|High school:||Albuquerque (NM) Cibola|
|NFL draft:||2007 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2015|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Alan Keith Branch (born December 29, 1984) is an American football defensive tackle for the New England Patriots in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft and has also played for the Seattle Seahawks. He attended the University of Michigan.
Branch attended Cibola High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In addition to playing on the defensive line, Branch also played tight end as well as running back and punt returner in high school. He scored 3 rushing touchdowns and 2 receiving touchdowns in his senior season and 5 punt return touchdowns for his career.
Branch was a fairly highly regarded recruit coming out of high school, ranked as high as #6 nationally among defensive tackles.
Branch was also a three-year starter on the varsity basketball team, earning all-district honors as a sophomore and was second team all-state as a junior.
- Selected to play in 2004 U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Gatorade Player of the Year in New Mexico
- All-State as a junior and senior
Branch, along with fellow defensive all-star LaMarr Woodley, anchored one of the best defenses in college football in 2006. He had 57 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, and nine sacks in 35 career games at Michigan. He had his first interception and a fumble recovery against Ohio State on November 18, 2006. Branch played both defensive tackle and defensive end at Michigan.
- 2006 ESPN.com All-American Team
- 2006 All-Big Ten Conference First Team (coaches and media)
On December 23, 2013, Branch signed a multi-year contract extension with the Bills.
On August 24, 2014, one day after being arrested for a DUI, Branch was cut from the team.
New England Patriots
On October 21, 2014, it was reported that Branch had signed a 1-year deal with the New England Patriots. The team officially announced the signing on October 29. On February 1st 2015 Branch won his 1st super bowl defeating his former team the Seattle Seahawks.
Branch re-signed with the Patriots on March 15, 2015, on a two-year deal worth a maximum of $6.6 millon.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- Confirmed: Seahawks agree to terms with DT Alan Branch
- DT Alan Branch signs with Buffalo
- Hanzus, Dan (April 2, 2013). "Alan Branch signs one-year contract with Buffalo Bills". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- DL Alan Branch signs extension with Bills
- Agent: Alan Branch back with Patriots
- "Alan Branch Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 30 December 2014.