|Born||9 July 1971|
|Genres||French house, house, electro|
|Labels||Vulture Music (France)|
|Associated acts||Fred Falke, Kris Menace, Stardust, DJ Falcon|
Alain Quême (French pronunciation: [alɛ̃ kɛm]), also known as Alan Braxe (born 9 July 1971), is a French electronic music artist. Braxe is most widely known for his collaborative work with electronic bassist Fred Falke and Kris Menace, and for being part of the musical trio Stardust. In 2005, he released The Upper Cuts, a collection of his previous released material.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alan Braxe's penchant for composition and melody commenced at an early age, with classical training in clarinet and cello. Braxe developed an omnivorous appetite for music in his adolescence, devouring everything from Alexander O'Neal to Heaven 17 and Public Enemy.
At the end of the 1980s, techno and house music arriving to France from the US captured Braxe's fascination, and he became a regular fixture in the embryonic rave scene in Paris. Before long, Braxe was producing his own viral strain of dance music using only a mixer, a compressor, and an Emu SP1200.
Within a year, a handful of Braxe's early demos attracted Thomas Bangalter's attention, and Braxe's debut single, "Vertigo", was released in 1997 via Bangalter's influential Roulé label. "Vertigo" was a hallmark of the emerging French Touch sound, and Braxe, Bangalter, and childhood friend Benjamin Diamond decided to join forces for a collaborative project. That project would be called Stardust, and their 1998 single "Music Sounds Better With You" – which they wrote and recorded in one week – arrived as an instant dance music classic, selling over 3 million copies, and earning the trio a canonical spot in the electronic music constellation.
Following this success, Braxe in 1999 inaugurated his own record label, Vulture, releasing collaborations with the DJ and producer Fred Falke. He also remixed for a diverse crew of artists both popular and underground – a who's who list of innovators that features Beyoncé, Test Icicles, and Ford and Lopatin. Over the next two decades, Braxe's production credits swelled to nearly 100 influential titles.
Approaching the 20th anniversary of Stardust's smash success and the Vulture label's launch, Braxe again takes a radical turn in method. He strips his studio of all things digital, and starts to experiment with a Buchla modular synthesizer, echoing his first setup's minimalism, resulting in a more stripped back, simple and sparse analogue electronic sound. This resulted in "The Ascent" EP, that was released in 2019, with four tracks.
- Vertigo – Alan Braxe (Roulé) 1997
- Music Sounds Better With You – Stardust (Roulé/Virgin) 1998
- Intro – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke (Vulture) 2000.
- Palladium – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke (Vulture) 2002
- Love Lost – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke (Kitsuné/Vulture) 2003
- In Love With You – The Paradise (Vulture) 2003
- Bliss – Defender (Vulture) 2005
- Lumberjack – Alan Braxe & Kris Menace (Vulture) 2007
- Addicted – Alan Braxe, "Addicted" (Kitsuné/Vulture) 2008
- Nightwatcher – Alan Braxe, feat. Killa Kela & Fallon (Eye Industries) 2008
- Rubicon – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke (Vulture) 2004
- Moments in Time – Alan Braxe (Vulture) 2013
- The Ascent – Alan Braxe (Vulture) 2019
- The Upper Cuts – Alan Braxe & Friends (Vulture/PIAS) 2005
- Alarm Call – Björk (One Little Indian) 1998.
- Anticipating – Britney Spears (Zomba) 2002.
- Number One – Goldfrapp (Mute Records) 2005*
- Bossy – Kelis (Virgin Jive) 2006*
- Runaway – Jamiroquai (Sony BMG) 2006*
- 2 Hearts – Kylie Minogue (Parlophone) 2007.
- Broken Hearted Girl – Beyoncé (Sony) 2009.
- White Knuckle Ride – Jamiroquai (Mercury) 2010.
*With Fred Falke
Remixes: Indie / Pop
- In Your Arms – Benjamin Diamond (Epic) 2000
- At Night – Shakedown (Defected) 2002
- Heartbeat – Annie (679 Recordings) 2005
- Let's Get High – Benjamin Diamond (Diamond Trax/K7) 2005
- Girl That Speaks No Words – Infadels (Wall of Sound) 2006
- Only This Moment – Royksopp (Virgin) 2005*
- Kelly – Van She (Modular) 2006*
- What's Your Damage – Test Icicles (Domino Recordings) 2006*
- Black History Month – Death From Above (679 Recordings) 2006*
- Monalisa's Child – Keith (Lucky Numbers) 2006*
- D.A.N.C.E. – Justice (Ed Banger) 2007*
- Take It Like A Man – Dragonette (Mercury) 2007
- Life Is Still Beautiful – The Orange Lights (Black Birds Records) 2007
- The Writer – Ellie Goulding (Polydor) 2010
- Jona Vack – Gypsy and the Cat (Sony Music) 2010
- Too Much MIDI – Ford & Lopatin (KEMADO Records) 2011
- By My Side – Twin Twin (Warner) 2012
- Sheila – Memory Tapes (Carpark Records) 2012
- An Open Heart – Brightlight 2014
- Evil Eye – Franz Ferdinand (Domino Recordings) 2013
- Music of Life – Cerrone (Because) 2014
- Supernature – Cerrone (Because) 2015
- Blown Rose – Blossoms (Virgin/EMI) 2016
- Here I Am – Tom Odell (Sony) 2016
- Les Oxalis – Charlotte Gainsbourg (Because) 2018
*With Fred Falke
- I Feel Good Things For You – Daddy's Favorite (Go Beat) 1998
- That’s What Dreams Are Made Of – Space Cowboy (Tiger Trax) 2006
- Discopolis – Lifelike & Kris Menace (Vulture/Defected) 2005
- So Far Away – John Lord Fonda (Citizen Records) 2007
- Lonely Road – Shakedown (Panorama) 2007
- The Cult of Romance – Fenech Soler (Vulture) 2009
- Los Feeling – Visitor (Vulture) 2010
- Narcissus – Pacific (Vulture) 2010
- Xgirl – Teenage Bad Girl (Citizen Records) 2011
- Speed – The Toxic Avenger (Roy Music) 2011
- Slow Love – Gigamesh (Hyperreal Records) 2016
- Read in Your Mind (Single) – Benjamin Diamond (Sony Music) 2000
- Sunset (Single) – Lifelike (Vulture) 2009
- Everyday (Single) – Killa Kela (100% Records) 2009.
- Crouch, Touch, Pause, Engage (Single) – Killa Kela (100% Records) 2009
- Lesson One (Single) – Starsmith (Vulture) 2011
- Let You Slide (Single) – Kids at Midnight 2011
- Everybody's Heart Is Broken Now (Album) – Niki & The Dove (Ten Records/Sony) 2016
- Red Lips (Single) – Cerrone (Because) 2016
Vulture Label – Owner/Executive Producer/A&R
- Intro/Most Wanted – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke, 2000
- Palladium/Penthouse Serenade – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke, 2002
- Love Lost – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke, 2003
- In Love With You – The Paradise, 2003
- Rubicon/Arena/Crystal City – Alan Braxe & Fred Falke, 2004
- Bliss – Defender ( Alan Braxe Fred Falke & Savage) 2005
- The Upper Cuts – Alan Braxe & Friends, 2005
- I Feel Music in Your Heart – Stars on 33 (Kris menace) 2006
- Alan Braxe Vulture Music mixed by Alan Braxe (Japan Only)
- Lumberjack – Alan Braxe & Kris Menace, 2007
- Sunrise/Genesis – Sedat The T.A, 2008
- Sunset/Sequencer – Lifelike, 2008
- I Want To Wake Up With You/12 Volts – Das Glow 2009
- The Cult of Romance/Airbrushed – Fenech Soler 2009
- Vesuvia/Theme of Palermo Disko Machine – Palermo Disko Machine 2009
- Los Feeling/Love – Visitor, 2010
- Narcissus – Pacific! 2010
- The Chase – Kids at Midnight, 2011
- Lesson One/Champion – Starsmith, 2011
- Let You Slide/No No Yeah Yeah – Kids at Midnight, 2012
- Don't Fade Away – Human Life, 2012
- Moments in Time EP – Alan Braxe, 2013
- The Ascent EP – Alan Braxe, 2019