Alan Chadwick (July 27, 1909 – May 25, 1980), English master gardener, was a leading innovator of organic farming techniques and influential educator in the field of biodynamic/French intensive gardening. He was a student of Rudolf Steiner and is often cited as inspirational to the development of the "California Cuisine" movement. The Chadwick restaurant in Beverly Hills was named after him. His grave is marked by a stupa at the Green Gulch Farm Zen Center in California. Chadwick is the subject of a 2013 retrospective by a former University of California, Santa Cruz professor, Paul Lee, called There Is a Garden in the Mind: A Memoir of Alan Chadwick and the Organic Movement in California.
- Biodynamic agriculture
- French intensive gardening
- Green Gulch Farm Zen Center
- Organic farming
- Biodynamic/French Intensive Gardening, Mother Earth News (1980)
- Intensive Organic Gardening, Ohio State University Extension Factsheet
- Alan Chadwick, Learning to Give
- UC Cooperative Extension advisor researches biodynamic grape production UC Cooperative Extension (2007)
- Growing Menus, Time Magazine, June 1, 2003
- Jerry Shriver. USA TODAY. McLean, Va.: May 25, 2001. p. D.08
- "There Is a Garden in the Mind: A Memoir of Alan Chadwick and the Organic Movement in California". Retrieved 2014-09-16.
Note #1 was updated April 19, 2013.
Note #4 is now missing from the UC Davis site.
- Alan Chadwick -- A Brief Biography
- Chadwick, Alan
- Alan Chadwick -- Cutting Edge Groundbreakers
- Alan Chadwick is Gone
- Alan Chadwick's lecture on anemone cultivation
- A Tribute to Alan Chadwick, Master Gardener
- Fire in the Garden
- French Intensive Gardening: A Retrospective, News & Notes of the UC Santa Cruz Farm & Garden, Issue 112, Winter 2007
- Alan Chadwick, Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University, Chadwick, Alan
- Guide to the Alan Chadwick Papers, UC Santa Cruz Special Collections and Archives
- Alan Chadwick, a Gardener of Souls A Resource Center about Alan Chadwick, his Gardens, and his Mission
- Photographs from the Alan Chadwick Garden series, UC Santa Cruz Library's Digital Collections