Alan Damián Bender
This biographical article on an association football player may have out-of-date career information.
|Full name||Alan Damián Bender
אלן דמיאן בנדר
|Date of birth||16 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2005–2008||Ferro Carril Oeste||9||(0)|
|2008||Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon||0||(0)|
|2008||Hakoah Amidar/Ramat Gan||4||(0)|
|2009–2011||Maccabi Ironi Kfar Yona||?||(?)|
|2011–2014||FC Punta del Este||?||(?)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:24, 13 October 2014(UTC).
Bender arrived in Israel and first trialled with Hapoel Tel Aviv. Due to his being Jewish, he was able to trial with the club since he would not count as a foreigner. Bender was passed on by Hapoel and decided to try to join other Israeli clubs.
After trialling with Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon and playing a Toto Cup match with the club, Bender ended up signing with Hakoah Amidar/Ramat Gan. Despite impressing early in the season, Bender started to establish a poor reputation when he was fined for not taking training seriously. Just three months after joining the club, he was released by Hakoah due to his behavioral issues. After being released, he trialled at Maccabi Netanya. Then manager, Lothar Matthäus, was impressed by Bender but decided not to sign him. After 2 season's with liga Alef side Maccabi Ironi Kfar Yona, Bender was released and returned to play in Uruguay. He retired in 2014.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|Israel||League||Israel State Cup||Toto Cup||Europe||Total|
|2008||Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon||Liga Leumit||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||1||0|
|2008||Hakoah Amidar/Ramat Gan||Ligat ha'Al||4||0||0||0||2||1||0||0||6||1|
|2009||Maccabi Ironi Kfar Yona||Liga Alef||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- Ost, Alon (2008-09-04). הפועל תערער על העונש שספגה [Hapoel Will Appeal Received Punishment]. Maariv (in Hebrew). Retrieved 13 September 2009.
- Maruani, David (2008-09-28). גלי חום בקרית שלום, קדחת בחירות בסכנין [Heatwave in Kiryat Shalom, Elections in Sakhnin]. Haaretz (in Hebrew). Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Kabilio, Sharon (2008-03-12). הכח עמידר ר"ג: נמשכים החיפושים אחר חיזוק [Hakoah Amidar RG: Search Continues for Reinforcements] (in Hebrew). One.co.il. Retrieved 13 September 2009.
- Ein-Dor, Izzy (2008-12-04). הכח: ג'אמה חוזר להרכב, בנדר ישוחרר [Hakoah: Jama Returns to Line-up, Bender to be Released] (in Hebrew). Ynet. Retrieved 13 September 2009.
- Michelle, Hen (2009-01-07). אבו סובחי: נתניה לא דיברה איתי על אחמד סבע [Abu Subhi: Netanya Did Not Speak To Me About Ahmed Saba] (in Hebrew). MSN. Retrieved 13 September 2009.[dead link]
- "Alan Bender Store" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- Official website (in Hebrew)