This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alan Downs is an American clinical psychologist and author who is in private practice in Los Angeles, California. From 2007 until 2010, he was the CEO of Michael's House Treatment Center in Palm Springs, California.
Downs earned a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Nebraska in 1989. He has spent the past 20 years working as a clinical psychologist. Downs is also an author of several books, including, The Velvet Rage: Overcoming the Pain of Growing Up Gay in a Straight Man's World, which is one of the leading self-help books for gay men. In 2005, Downs was a featured guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Downs is also an author whose books include:
- The Velvet Rage: Overcoming the Pain of Growing Up Gay in a Straight Man's World
- The Half-Empty Heart
- Secrets of an Executive Coach: Proven Methods for Helping Leaders Excel Under Pressure
- The Fearless Executive
- Seven Miracles of Management
- Why Does This Keep Happening to Me?
- Corporate Executions: the Ugly Truth about Downsizing – How Corporate Greed is Shattering Lives, Companies, and Communities
- Beyond the Looking Glass: Overcoming the Seductive Culture of Corporate Narcissism
Downs' work has been quoted numerous times in variety of media, including The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, Attitude, San Francisco Chronicle and many others. He has made appearances on such programs as CBS Sunday Morning, Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News and NPR's Morning Edition.
- Corporate narcissism
- Group narcissism
- Narcissistic leadership
- List of authors by name: D
- List of psychologists
- 1996 in literature
- 1997 in literature
- 2006 in literature
- "Alan Downs, Ph.D". Alandowns.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Has Manhunt Destroyed Gay Culture?". Out Magazine. Out.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "The Straight Truth". Oprah.com. 2005-11-17. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Alan Downs: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- Stead, Deborah (1997-05-04). "When a Company Bows To a Neurotic Boss". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- "Corporate Downsizing May Have Hurt More Than Helped". Morning Edition. NPR. 1995-11-03. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- "Conferences". Foundations Recovery Network. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|