Alan Dupont has worked on Australian defence and Asian security issues for more than thirty years as a strategist, diplomat, policy analyst, and scholar. He is Michael Hintze Chair of International Security and the Director of the Centre for International Security Studies at the University of Sydney, Australia. Dupont received his PhD in International Relations from the Australian National University in Canberra, and is a graduate of both the Royal Military College, Duntroon, and the US Foreign Service Institute. He is also a non-resident Senior Fellow at the Lowy Institute for International Policy in Sydney.
Dupont is an expert on East Asia and one of Australia's foremost thinkers on international security. In particular, he is internationally known as a pioneer in the study of transnational and non-traditional security threats. In recent years, he has authored pathbreaking studies addressing linkages between climate change and international security.
- Alan Dupont, East Asia Imperilled: Transnational Challenges to Security (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2001).
- Alan Dupont, "Transnational Security" in Strategy and Security in the Asia Pacific, ed. R. Ayson and D. Ball, (Crows Nest: Allen and Unwin, 2006), pp. 103–20.
- Alan Dupont and Graeme Pearman, Heating up the Planet: Climate Change and Security (Lowy Institute Paper 12, 2006).
- Alan Dupont, "The strategic implications of climate change", Survival, vol. 50:3, pp. 29–54, 2008.
- Alan Dupont and Mark Thirwell, "Are We Entering a New Era of Food Insecurity?", Survival, vol. 51:3, pp. 71–98, 2009.
- "Our Forces Must First Be Functional", The Australian, 14 April 2009
- "Pax Americana to give way to a new world order", The Australian, 2014
- "Bumpy ride: Donald Trump to usher in a new world order", The Australian, 2016
- "Alan Dupont". The Interpreter. Lowy Institute for International Policy. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Prof Alan Dupont". Lowy Institute. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- Professor Alan Dupont"[dead link]
- Alan Dupont - The Cast - Soldiers of Peace Archived 8 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Heating up the planet: climate change and security[dead link]
- Dupont, Alan (April 14, 2009). "Our Forces Must First Be Functional". The Australian. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
Reference 2. Dead link