Alan E. Kazdin
|Alan E. Kazdin|
|Born||January 24, 1945|
|Residence||New Haven, Connecticut|
|Alma mater||San Jose State University, Northwestern University|
Alan Edward Kazdin (born January 24, 1945) is the Sterling Professor of Psychology and Child Psychiatry at Yale University and director of the Yale Parenting Center and Child Conduct Clinic. Kazdin's research has focused primarily on the treatment of aggressive and antisocial behavior in children.
In 2008, he served as the President of the American Psychological Association.
Kazdin’s approximately 700 publications including 49 books that focus on interventions for children and adolescents, cognitive-behavioral treatment, parenting and child rearing, interpersonal violence, and methodology and research design.His work on parenting and child rearing has been featured on CNN, NPR, PBS, BBC, and he has appeared on Good Morning America, ABC News, 20/20, The Dr. Phil Show, and the Today Show.
In addition to his own published work, Kazdin has been editor of six journals: Behavior Therapy (1979–83), Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (1985–90), Psychological Assessment (1989–91), Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice (1994–98), Current Directions in Psychological Science (1999–2004), and Clinical Psychological Science (since 2012). He was editor-in-chief of the eight-volume Encyclopedia of Psychology (2000, APA/Oxford University). Also, he has edited two book series: Developmental Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry (Sage Publications, 1983–99) and Current Perspectives in Psychology (Yale University Press, 2000–08), and co-edited a book series Advances in Clinical Child Psychology (with Benjamin Lahey, 1977–92).
- "Alan Edward Kazdin". Contemporary Authors Online. November 11, 2007. Retrieved on December 18, 2010.
- "Alan Kazdin, Ph.D ABPP, Center Director." The Yale Parenting Center, http://childconductclinic.yale.edu/kazdin.
- "Alan E. Kazdin." Department of Psychology Faculty. http://psychology.yale.edu/faculty/alan-e-kazdin.
- "Alan E. Kazdin, Ph.D." http://alankazdin.com/dr-alan-kazdin/ Accessed 14 January 2014.
- "Vita: Alan E. Kazdin, Ph.D." http://alankazdin.com/pdfs/alan_kazdin_vita.pdf. Accessed 14 January 2014.
- Hetter, Katia. "Punishment without spanking." CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/08/living/corporal-punishment/index.html?hpt=hp_bn8 8 November 2011.
- Shute, Nancy. "Shop for a Psychotherapist to Avoid the Lemons." http://www.npr.org/2011/05/16/136283080/shop-for-a-pyschotherapist-to-avoid-the-lemons. 16 May 2011.
- This Emotional Life: Experts Biography: Alan Kazdin, Ph.D. http://www.pbs.org/thisemotionallife/people/expert/alan-kazdin-phd.
- Health Check http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00594zz. 14 December 2009.
- "Book Excerpt: How to Discipline a Defiant Child." ABC News: Good Morning America. http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/NewYearNewYou/story?id=4127767&page=1. 14 January 2008.
- "Breaking the Cyle of Abuse, Part 1." ABC News. http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8597738. 21 September 2009.
- "Violent Kids." The Dr. Phil Show. http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1565/. 30 June 2011.
- "Meltdown! How to Tame Your Tot's Tantrum." http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45337155#null. 17 November 2011
Sharon Stephens Brehm
|117th President of the American Psychological Association
James H. Bray