||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Alan J. Flusser (born 16 May 1945) is an American author and designer of men's clothing. He owns and operates Alan Flusser Custom in New York City, which specializes in custom tailored clothing.
Flusser was born in West Orange, New Jersey. In 1979 he founded Alan Flusser Designs. Flusser designed the wardrobe for Gordon Gekko (played by Michael Douglas) in Wall Street and also designed clothing for the films Barbarians at the Gate and Scent of a Woman.
- Flusser, Alan (1981). Making the Man: The Insider's Guide to Buying Men's Clothes. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-671-79147-8.
- Flusser, Alan (1985). Clothes and the Man: The Principles of Fine Men's Dress. Villard. ISBN 0-394-54623-7.
- Flusser, Alan (1996). Style and the Man: How and Where to Buy Fine Men's Clothes. HarperCollins. ISBN 0-06-270155-X.
- Flusser, Alan (2002). Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion. HarperCollins. ISBN 0-06-019144-9.
- Flusser, Alan (2010). Style and the Man. HarperCollins. ISBN 9780061976155.
Awards and honors
Flusser won the 1983 Coty Award as Top Menswear Designer, and received the Cutty Sark Award in 1987.
-  From the Alan Flusser Custom website
- Fonzworth Bentley at A&M Representation. Accessed 04 April 2012
- Official site
- FashionEncyclopedia.com profile
- Harper Collins page
- Style File: Alan Flusser The Star-Ledger July 7, 2008
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|