Alan Howard (hedge fund manager)
|Born||September 11, 1963
|Alma mater||Imperial College London|
|Occupation||Hedge fund manager|
|Known for||co-founder of Brevan Howard Asset Management LLP|
|Net worth||GBP £1.5 billion (STRL, April 2015)
US$1.5 billion (Forbes, 2016)
|Children||Daniel Howard, Leah Howard, Hannah Howard, Noah Howard|
Alan Howard (born September 1963) is a British hedge fund manager, the co-founder of Brevan Howard Asset Management LLP, and a former director of the Conservative Friends of Israel. In February 2013, Forbes listed him as one of the 40 highest-earning hedge fund managers. In 2014, he was ranked 53rd on the UK's Sunday Times Rich List. According to Forbes, Howard's net worth was $1.5 billion as of 2016.
Born in England to a Jewish family, Howard attended Hasmonean Grammar School, Hendon London. After graduating from Imperial College London with a master's degree, he began his financial career at Salomon Brothers and worked in the ECU eurobond market.
Howard serves on the New York Federal Reserve's investor advisory committee on financial markets and is one of a group of financial managers, who on occasion, advise New York Federal Reserve officials on economic policy.
Howard founded the Alan Howard Charitable Foundation which contributes to charities that aim to support Israel and other Jewish causes. The foundation has a central focus on Holocaust education, the homeless and Israeli film. Howard also operates a charitable foundation and supports homeless charities.
- "Sunday Times Rich List". The Sunday Times (page 29). 26 April 2014.
- "English Billionaire Alan Howard Settles Ownership Dispute Over Painting For $10 Million". Jewish Business News. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "The Business On... Alan Howard, Founder, Brevan Howard". The Independent. September 21, 2011. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Vardi, Nathan (Feb 26, 2013), "The 40 Highest-Earning Hedge Fund Managers & Traders 2013", Forbes
- "2014 Sunday Times Rich List". Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "#1190 Alan Howard". Forbes. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Andrew Clark (March 11, 2010). "Alan Howard: New billionaire on the block". The Guardian.
- "Alan Howard". Forbes. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Alan Howard", Dow Jones Financial News
- Goldstein, Matthew; Ablan, Jennifer; Wachtel, Katya (October 10, 2013). "Top global hedge fund Brevan Howard takes emerging markets hit". Reuters. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- The Jewish Chronicle "The JC Power 100: Alan Howard" Archived November 4, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. September 5, 2008
- "Alan Howard moves to Geneva" Efinancial News E financial news
- Kallergis, Katherine. "British billionaire buys at Faena for $14.5M". The Real Deal. Retrieved 13 February 2016.