Alan J. Bauman
Dr. Alan J. Bauman is a surgically-trained M.D., ABHRS-certified hair transplant surgeon, hair restoration physician and medical director of Bauman Medical Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Treatment Center headquartered in Boca Raton, FL. Dr. Bauman is a Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (FISHRS), a certified diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) and accepted member of the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgery (IAHRS).
Dr. Bauman received his M.D. or Medical Doctor degree from New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY and had internship and residency training in surgery at Beth Israel Medical Center and Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Manhattan before specializing in hair transplant surgery and the treatment of hair loss, including primarily androgenetic alopecia or hereditary male or female pattern hair loss.
Bauman came to national prominence in 2006 for his role in pioneering “Eyelash Implants"  at the world’s first International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) Live Surgery Workshop for Eyelash Transplantation in Torrance, California.
In recent years, Bauman has been credited with pioneering low level laser therapy (LLLT) for hair loss, minimally-invasive follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplants, PRP Platelet Rich Plasma, prostaglandin analogs for hair growth like bimatoprost, hair loss genetic tests  and live surgery webcasts.
Bauman was the first hair transplant surgeon to demonstrate ‘live’ the FUE method of hair transplantation at the 2003 International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Orlando Live Surgery Workshop and developed the first commercially available instrument specifically for manual extraction of FUE grafts, called the 'Bauman MINDEX.'
In 2017, Bauman was voted "#1 Top Hair Restoration Surgeon" and received the coveted Diamond Crystal Award by Aesthetic Everything, the largest and most influential network in the aesthetic industry.
- "Alan J. Bauman, MD, FISHRS | Hair Loss Doctor Boca Raton | ISHRS". www.ishrs.org. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Alan Bauman, MD - ABHRS | American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery". abhrs.org. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Dr. Alan J. Bauman, MD - Florida Hair Transplant | IAHRS Member". www.iahrs.org. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- Eyelash Transplants Set to Sweep Nip Tuck World, Reuters, October 24, 2006.
- Eyelash Transplants, ABC Good Morning America, November 2006.
- Eyelash Transplants?, HLN, November 3, 2006.
- Cosmetic Surgery: A Lush Mane of Lashes?, Newsweek, November 26, 2006.
- A Hair Transplant Meant to be Noticeable, The New York Times, December 7, 2006.
- Eyelash Transplants for Cancer Survivor, NBC TODAY Show, April 2, 2007.
- Raising Eyebrows, Daily Mail, April 14, 2008.
- Eyelash Surgery Workshop for Hair Restoration Physicians, ISHRS.org, October 23, 2006.
- Avram, Marc R.; Leonard, Robert T.; Epstein, Edwin S.; Williams, Joseph L.; Bauman, Alan J. (March 2007). "The current role of laser/light sources in the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss". Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy: Official Publication of the European Society for Laser Dermatology. 9 (1): 27–28. doi:10.1080/14764170601134479. ISSN 1476-4172. PMID 17457763.
- Sizzle on Your Head: Lasers for Baldness, The New York Times, June 20, 2005.
- A Cure for Baldness?, NBC TODAY Show, March 16, 2007.
- Laser Comb, Cloning to Re-Grow Hair?, CBS The Early Show, January 27, 2010.
- Treating Hair Loss, NBC-6 South Florida Today, July 7, 2009.
- New Year, New You: Fighting Baldness, CBS The Early Show, January 14, 2010.
- New Strategems in the Quest for Hair, The New York Times, May 4, 2011.
- Latisse for Your Dome? Eyelash Enhancer Also Thickens Thin Hair, TODAY Health Blog, November 14, 2011.
- Genetic Testing for Baldness, NBC TODAY Show, January 6, 2009.
- Kevin Nalts’ Hair Transplant, Spencer Kobren’s The Bald Truth/GFQ Network, November 18, 2011.
- Livestreaming Surgeries Caters to a New Market: The Patient, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, July 21, 2012.
- "George Tiemann & Co". www.georgetiemann.com. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "Aesthetic Everything Awards 2017 : #1 Top Hair Restoration Surgeon - Dr. Alan J. Bauman". Aesthetic Everything. Retrieved 2018-04-18.