|Full name||Alan McDermott|
|Date of birth||22 January 1982|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|1999||Republic of Ireland U17||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
An ex-Manchester United trainee, McDermott joined Ayr United in 2002. After a spell on trial at Arbroath, he joined Hamilton Academical in March 2003. He went on to have spells with Shelbourne and Newry, before signing for Kildare County towards the end of 2005.
At the beginning of the 2006 season, he had a brief stint with Dundalk, before re-signing for Kildare County to fill a much needed void in the County defence. He held down a steady place with Kildare due to injuries, firstly to Phil Byrne and then to Ian Malone. He scored his first goal for Kildare in a defeat to Finn Harps in Ballybofey in September 2006.
McDermott proved his versatility during the 2007 season, playing in almost every position except in goal. He added to his goal tally with a dramatic equaliser against Shelbourne at Station Road and one against Kilkenny in the same stadium, but the other end. He was released on 25 August 2007.
McDermott has also represented his country at youth level, winning the player of the tournament award in an invitational in Portugal in 2000 for the Under 17s. He has also represented Eircom League U21s team.
- Ayr United : 1946/47 - 2011/12
- "Transfers - March 2003". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 14 March 2003. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Newry sign two more players". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 14 December 2004. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "Alan returns to County". Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "County hope to break Harp's run". Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "Ireland relinquish two goal lead". Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "Eircom League". RTÉ News. Archived from the original on April 27, 2005.
- "Alan McDermott, Goodreads Author". Goodreads.