9 October 1982
Stockport, Greater Manchester
Alan Morrissey (born 9 October 1982) is a British actor who was born in Stepping Hill Hospital & lived in the Farmers Arms pub, Stockport, where his parents were the licensees. He grew up in Stockport and then Oldham. Alan trained at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. In 2002 and again in 2003 Dame Maggie Smith and The Fenton Arts Trust awarded him the bursary for Talented potentials. He graduated from the Old Vic Theatre School in 2004.
He made his film debut in The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse in 2005 starring alongside Steve Pemberton and Bruno Langley. and became best known for his television debut as Nick Van Barr in the BBC medical drama series Holby City. He left the show after 18 episodes in 2010.
His stage credits include:-
- Romeo at Shakespeare's Globe.
- Adie in Solstice at Royal Shakespeare Company
- Claudio at Salisbury Playhouse
- Rich in Sixty Five Miles with Paines Plough 
- Steve in Horse Marines at The Drum Theatre Royal, Plymouth
- Timothy in Salad Days at Bristol Old Vic
- The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse Johnny (2005)
- Holby City Nicky Van Barr (2009), Kyle Greenham (2014-)
- Jacob (film) Allen
- Doctors Justin Cook (2010)
- Land Girls Clifford Molloy (2012)
- Endeavour Denis Bradley (2013)
On 2 September 2013, it was announced Alan Morrissey is to play the role of Max in the West End musical I Can't Sing! The X Factor Musical, which opened in March 2014 at the London Palladium. Other principals include Nigel Harman and Cynthia Erivo 
Alan Morrissey is currently a member of the London-based artistic collective The Factory Theatre Company he has appeared in their performances of 'Round One', 'Round Two' and 'The Seagull Experiment' in venues all over London as well as performing in 'Boiling Frogs' at the Southwark Playhouse. Other Factory members include Alex Hassell, Catherine Bailey and Laura Rees.
- Manchester Evening News interview
- BOVTS Graduates
- Fenton Arts Trust Bursary winners
- The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse at the Internet Movie Database
- Holby Cast
- Shakespeare's Globe Castlist
- R.S.C Cast 2005
- Paines Plough Blog » Alan Morrissey
- Horse Marines Cast
- Alan Morrissey on Internet Movie Database
- "Simon Cowell X Factor musical is not just a "cash cow"". thestage.co.uk. The Stage. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "'I Can't Sing': Harry Hill reveals name of his X Factor musical". express.co.uk. Daily Express. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Alan Morrissey joins Nigel Harman & Cynthia Erivo @ the Palladium in the London Premiere of I Can’t Sing!, The X Factor Musical | Broadway Buzz | London
- Online C.V
- Factory Members